Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096173 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3390 on: January 30, 2015, 09:52:49 AM »
awww... Irish Greg participating in his first Super Bowl buy-a-box grid.  Our little boy is all grown up! *sniff*
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: February 02, 2015, 03:34:10 PM »
They replayed one of their "Mind the Gap" segments early this AM (pre-6 o'clock) - presumably it was one from last week. Man, both contestants were pretty clueless.

question to the "young" person: "Bea Arthur played Dorothy on this '80s sitcom" They even played a clip! but the girl said "uh, the Sonny & Cher show?"

The older guy wasn't much better but he won by giving the only correct answer -- he actually knew who Perez Hilton was.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: February 02, 2015, 06:49:10 PM »
Oh, and Adam Levine's "Lost Stars" is suddenly getting multiple spins per day, presumably because it's an Oscar nominee for Best Song.  (it was co written by Danielle Brisebois, of all people)

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: February 03, 2015, 09:43:58 AM »
They replayed one of their "Mind the Gap" segments early this AM (pre-6 o'clock) - presumably it was one from last week. Man, both contestants were pretty clueless.

question to the "young" person: "Bea Arthur played Dorothy on this '80s sitcom" They even played a clip! but the girl said "uh, the Sonny & Cher show?"

The older guy wasn't much better but he won by giving the only correct answer -- he actually knew who Perez Hilton was.

This segment is a complete rip-off of Don Bleu's Generation Gap.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: February 03, 2015, 10:34:46 AM »

yes absolutely -- but that's where Irish Greg worked previously, so I guess he feels entitled.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: February 03, 2015, 10:38:01 AM »

yes absolutely -- but that's where Irish Greg worked previously, so I guess he feels entitled.

The segment predated 103.7 and Irish Greg, but there must be no intellectual property protection, so what the hey. From a marketing perspective, though, lifting a well-known segment from a well-known competitor would seem to make your station look bad.
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: February 04, 2015, 10:02:48 AM »
"Feel Good Inc" by Gorillaz -- not one I've heard much on KFOG
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:52:41 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: February 05, 2015, 09:53:37 AM »
I realize he's in town next week, but it seems like KFOG plays Billy Idol once an hour lately.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: February 05, 2015, 03:15:00 PM »
There's a post on FB by "KFOG Radio"; the topic being SF-vs-NYC, where would you rather live... I swear the comments look like one of the parody FB threads that our Big Fingers McGee does from time to time.

Doing a new one of these crosses my mind from time to time, but I'm afraid that other group has gotten waaaaay too sensitive. My idea would be to have a thread focusing on people not being able to find basic information, such as where today's 10@10 thread is.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: February 05, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »
Last night I stumbled across this brief FB post from the Morning Show on Wed am:

As we prepare to move to our smaller studios, it's time to make some tough decisions about what stays and what goes. ‪#‎KFOGintheMorning‬

Had to dig way down the comments for further details, but it seems that they are decamping the Hawthorne St. studios that they've occupied for quite awhile (since before I moved to SF in 98, not sure how long before that) to someplace "near North Beach." I know there used to be a ton of media out that way around Jackson St. in the Barbary Coast area, and Channel 5 is still on Battery.

And that prompts the question, is the entire Cumulus "cluster" all going that way? It would seem to make sense that if one's going they all will.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:25:32 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: February 17, 2015, 09:57:13 AM »
pre-10@10: Two earlier-than-1980 "oldies" in a row ("Blue Jean" and "Honky-Tonk Women"). Of course, they were preceded by Milky Chance for the billionth time.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: February 17, 2015, 10:27:17 AM »
pre-10@10: Two earlier-than-1980 "oldies" in a row ("Blue Jean" and "Honky-Tonk Women"). Of course, they were preceded by Milky Chance for the billionth time.

Who sings Blue Jean?
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: February 17, 2015, 10:30:59 AM »

Who sings Blue Jean?

Bowie. And it's actually from '84, so never mind.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: February 17, 2015, 10:41:20 AM »

Who sings Blue Jean?

Bowie. And it's actually from '84, so never mind.

That's what I thought, but also was thinking maybe there was a '70's song with the same name.
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: February 18, 2015, 07:34:31 AM »
Oy: the World Concern people are back on KFOG for another all-day fund-raising visit.