Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1095169 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: A blast from the past
« Reply #2700 on: May 10, 2012, 07:30:42 PM »
I just typed "KFOG" into my browser to go to the station's page, and this link was one of the ones suggested:
http://www.kfog.com/PROGRAMMING/AirstaffBlogs/DaveMorey/tabid/124/Default.aspx

I figured what the hell, and clicked it, and I'll be damned if it's not still up on their site. Probably not getting many hits, as I doubt there are any links to it anywhere else on the site, but still there nevertheless.
aaaawwwwwww. You know I just read his blog. Selling the house he and Mike bought, telling the neighbors....... Geez. Hope he's living a great life.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2701 on: May 11, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »
Per FB: KFOG just fired Irish Greg after 14 years of producing the Morning Show! Wow.  End of an era yet again.  WTFF.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: May 11, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
Per FB: KFOG just fired Irish Greg after 14 years of producing the Morning Show! Wow.  End of an era yet again.  WTFF.

Nice scorched earth campaign DC has going there. If I were AL or Renee, I'd keep my feelers out.
Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: May 11, 2012, 12:02:55 PM »
From FB:

One of the most difficult things in life is dealing with change. We get into our comfortable patterns. Challenging those patterns and finding new ways of doing things is scary, but it can be invigorating and even exciting.

After much consideration, I have made the very difficult decision that it’s time to introduce a brand new morning show on KFOG. It’s a show we’re calling The Morning After, and it will debut right after Memorial Day.

The Morning After will feature a fresh cast of characters that will immediately put you in a great mood, starting your day with information that’s relevant to you and, of course playing great music to give a positive start to your day. We hope that you will enjoy the new KFOG Morning After featuring Tony, Greg and Melanie.

Unfortunately, this will mean that Webster and Irish Greg are leaving the station. Please feel free to post your comments to them here. We sincerely appreciate their years of service at KFOG and the sacrifices in they have made to get up early every morning to entertain Fogheads. They have been and will remain friends of everyone here.

Thank you for your support of KFOG and we sincerely hope you will find The Morning After an enlightening and inspiring experience.

Dennis Constantine
KFOG Program Director

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: May 11, 2012, 12:07:05 PM »

Nice scorched earth campaign DC has going there. If I were AL or Renee, I'd keep my feelers out.

Sounds like the "new" Morning Show (Webster's fired too) might be something Cumulus will be syndicating (or hopes to).  I'm guessing everyone's days are numbered at this point.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: May 11, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »

Sounds like the "new" Morning Show (Webster's fired too) might be something Cumulus will be syndicating (or hopes to).  I'm guessing everyone's days are numbered at this point.

Was wondering the same thing. AL's "jury duty" seems a tad convenient.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: May 11, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »

Was wondering the same thing. AL's "jury duty" seems a tad convenient.

Based on FB/g-s comments, she's on the air -- dunno if she's voice-tracked or if she was really just in a staff meeting from, say, 9:30-11 where everybody got the lowdown on the unfolding KFOG events.    I posted the news on radio-info.com's SF thread earlier, but so far no one has commented there.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: May 11, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »
Some people on GS think KFOG is going to start playing Bieber after A-Z... ::) 
I'm about 99.99% sure that will not be happening.  However they have a point that A-Z is a good time for a format flip.

If they flip to anything, it'll be Alternative.  It's been going that way, esp. in the past few weeks and they already sound eerily similar to KENZ/Salt Lake City, a Cumulus alt. station.

I actually wouldn't mind that.  They're in a better position than ever to take out Live 105.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: May 11, 2012, 03:46:29 PM »
I'm about 99.99% sure that will not be happening.  However they have a point that A-Z is a good time for a format flip.

If they flip to anything, it'll be Alternative.  It's been going that way, esp. in the past few weeks and they already sound eerily similar to KENZ/Salt Lake City, a Cumulus alt. station.

I actually wouldn't mind that.  They're in a better position than ever to take out Live 105.

well, that would surely make sense, and a 3-person AM show called "The Morning After" sounds very Live 105-ish to me (one of the 3 is named Tony -- didn't there used to be a Tony on L-105?)  So if A-to-Z has no Bonnie Raitt or John mayer in it we'll know.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: May 11, 2012, 04:27:05 PM »

well, that would surely make sense, and a 3-person AM show called "The Morning After" sounds very Live 105-ish to me (one of the 3 is named Tony -- didn't there used to be a Tony on L-105?)  So if A-to-Z has no Bonnie Raitt or John mayer in it we'll know.

Of course the real sign that things are about to change would be if there were no Train.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: May 11, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »

I would agree in the sense that I'd rather hear Depeche Mode and the Black Keys than Crapton. Would not agree if they become Rage Against The Machine central in lieu of the likes of the Dandy Warhols.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: May 11, 2012, 06:11:15 PM »

I would agree in the sense that I'd rather hear Depeche Mode and the Black Keys than Crapton. Would not agree if they become Rage Against The Machine central in lieu of the likes of the Dandy Warhols.

Good point.  I would think they'd still keep an AAA sensibility since Lame 105 still has all the annoying screamy-rock taken care of.  And, KENZ is very AAA leaning.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: May 11, 2012, 11:51:19 PM »

...Crapton. 

Oh no...not you, too!   :(  >:(  ;)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: May 12, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »

We hope that you will enjoy the new KFOG Morning After featuring Tony, Greg and Melanie.

Well, we know that Greg is Mr Gory; could Melanie be Melanie Walker, the weakest of the 4 who "auditioned" for Peter's job back in December? I'd've much preferred they hire Cat. 

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: May 12, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »

We hope that you will enjoy the new KFOG Morning After featuring Tony, Greg and Melanie.

Well, we know that Greg is Mr Gory; could Melanie be Melanie Walker, the weakest of the 4 who "auditioned" for Peter's job back in December? I'd've much preferred they hire Cat.

Same here.  Then it would really be Live 105-esque.

Edit: I found Melanie Walker's FB page.  Not that this necessarily means anything, but she's friends with G. Gory and DC, but not the rest of the KFOG staff.

Edit 2: I also found this: http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2012/05/flash-kfog-morning-show-shown-door.html
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:30:12 PM by radical347 »