Author Topic: The Sound, 7/27/09: 1976  (Read 1883 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sound, 7/27/09: 1976
« on: July 27, 2009, 11:56:27 AM »
Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John/Kiki
Tie Your Mother Down - Queen
Breakdown - Tom Petty
All That You Dream - Little Feat
All I Want to Be - Peter Frampton
Cowboy Song - Thin Lizzy
That'll Be the Day - Linda Ronstadt
Kid Charlemagne - Steely Dan
Hot Stuff - Rolling Stones
Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones

a nice assortment. BOS Queen.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Sound, 7/27/09: 1976
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 12:32:06 PM »
Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John/Kiki
Tie Your Mother Down - Queen
Breakdown - Tom Petty
All That You Dream - Little Feat
All I Want to Be - Peter Frampton
Cowboy Song - Thin Lizzy
That'll Be the Day - Linda Ronstadt
Kid Charlemagne - Steely Dan
Hot Stuff - Rolling Stones
Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones

a nice assortment. BOS Queen.

Agreed that it's generally a good mix, but is anyone else getting the feeling that Blitzkrieg Bop is dangerously close to becoming overplayed? Seems like that's the *only* Ramones song one ever hears these days, and there are so many other great ones that are being ignored--even if you just limit yourself to their first two or three records. It must be tracking well on listener surveys.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:36:27 PM »
Agreed that it's generally a good mix, but is anyone else getting the feeling that Blitzkrieg Bop is dangerously close to becoming overplayed? Seems like that's the *only* Ramones song one ever hears these days, and there are so many other great ones that are being ignored--even if you just limit yourself to their first two or three records. It must be tracking well on listener surveys.

It's the Ramones song for people who weren't around in 1977 (or were, and were listening to Foreigner).
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »

Well for a while there the only Ramones tune you'd hear was "I Wanna Be Sedated", so maybe they rotate them every couple of years.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 01:30:47 PM »

Well for a while there the only Ramones tune you'd hear was "I Wanna Be Sedated", so maybe they rotate them every couple of years.

Hmm, good point. So what one's next? Sheena is a Punk Rocker? I'd love it if it were Beat on the Brat, but it'd never happen these days.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 08:46:23 PM »

Hmm, good point. So what one's next? Sheena is a Punk Rocker? I'd love it if it were Beat on the Brat, but it'd never happen these days.

R&RHS
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”