Author Topic: 26 June 2009: The Pride Set  (Read 7959 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: 26 June 2009: The Pride Set
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »
Waiting for the replay and digging comfortably numb. Fave Floyd.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »
Looks like they're back to "shuffling the deck", marathon-wise. They did '94 first today (no loss to me), then '71, '87 and now the '77 "mystery set", with Pride to close.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »
Looks like they're back to "shuffling the deck", marathon-wise. They did '94 first today (no loss to me), then '71, '87 and now the '77 "mystery set", with Pride to close.

I wish they wouldn't.  If I miss a set I don't know what time to wake up now.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 11:00:59 AM »
Thanks Mike - I can still generally only listen Saturdays, but the recent sets have inspired me to start posting again.

Hey man, nice to see your moniker!  Glad to know you haven't dropped off the face of the earth.  I was just looking at some photos from the last club potluck at my old Castro Valley place the other day & you were in a couple.  I just looked up your old posts, and it turns out that your last post before today was saying thanks for a great time that day.  Wow, over 4 yrs!

You still in touch with Eujean by any chance?

I am Facebook friends with Eujean, as well as Pefanie and Wendy Alger, who went by the moniker of sunfish for a brief time, I believe. The first two and Beej attended my wedding nearly two years ago.

Are you still in CV? We go there on average about once a month.

I have heard more than my share of "Boys And Girls" over the last month - Blur was for a time my designated artist for my iPOD, and the song also appears on a "Boys" concept album.

Hey Tim, I sent you a Facebook friends invite.  You'll see most of the rest of the group in my friends list.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:02:30 AM by mshray »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 06:46:46 PM »
AL's got spots and she's got stripes too.

Where IS everybody?

I had mtgs, AND I got to work late.  not proud of that, har har.

And I was en route to Crater Lake with the wife and my aunt & uncle for a truly great weekend hiking, lazing around Crater Lake lodge, and just marveling at that incredibly blue jewel. 

That said, I'm bummed I missed the Pride set entirely. Bad timing on my part. I haven't consulted the shraytabase yet, but at first glance it looks like three of the songs were ones DM included in his Pride offerings and the other seven were new. Well done AL. You are upholding the mantle of 10@10 quite well, I say.

Btw, I'd have BOS'd Wig In A Box in a heartbeat. I *love* the Spree, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch is probably the best rock musical play in the last 20 years. The songs stand on their own, and the story itself is wacky and fun--albeit a little farfetched at times--with a very serious undercurrent. Highly recommend checking out the soundtrack if you arent' familiar with it. Midnight Radio and Wicked Little Town are both effing great songs, as well as Angry Inch, Tear Me Down, and the aforementioned Wig.

Let's get right to it.