Author Topic: Happy Birthday Casey Kasem!  (Read 2440 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Casey Kasem!
« on: April 24, 2009, 09:15:38 AM »
he'll be 77 (!) on Monday (4/27). Here's his famous meltdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDYK2H0ldbo&feature=player_embedded

"See? When you come out of those up-tempo goddamn numbers, man, it's impossible to make those transitions. And then you gotta go into somebody dying. You know, they do this to me all the time. I don't know what the hell they do it for, but goddamn it if we can't come out of a slow record, I don't understand it, is Don on the phone? Ok, I want a goddamn concerted effort to come out of a record that isn't a fucking up-tempo record every time I do a goddamn death dedication. Now make it- and I also wanna know what happened to those pictures I was supposed to see this week. It's the last goddamn time- I want somebody to use his fucking brain to not come out of a goddamn record that is- that's up-tempo and I've gotta talk about a fucking dog dying."

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Casey Kasem!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 09:21:29 AM »
Happy Bday Case! 

great meltdown quote!

If you listen to his AT40, you probably hear his commercial "Did you know having a pet may help you live longer?"   ha!
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:26:48 AM »
If you listen to his AT40, you probably hear his commercial "Did you know having a pet may help you live longer?"   ha!

as long as you don't have to read about your dog dying, you'll live to be as old as Casey.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:26:12 AM »

as long as you don't have to read about your dog dying, you'll live to be as old as Casey.

he obviously likes dogs, so he gets points for that.   more points if he likes cats.

Also, he might've lit into his producers unfairly on that infamous tirade about a dying dog, but the dude was right.  it was a bad juxztaposition.

~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »
on KKIQ this morning they mentioned this & in his honor they made the Secret Word of the Day "Top".
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 09:21:59 PM »
on KKIQ this morning they mentioned this & in his honor they made the Secret Word of the Day "Top".

They did the same thing the day after Jack Wrangler died!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »

They did the same thing the day after Jack Wrangler died!

ba-dump-TISH!