Author Topic: 31 Oct 2008: the Annual Halloween SPOOK-tacular  (Read 8715 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Oct 2008: the Annual Halloween SPOOK-tacular
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »
MJ's here to terrorize y'all's neighborhood!

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 10:24:21 AM »
Tonight (7:30pm) I'm attending screening of the 1925 silent film "The Phantom of the Opera" (starring Lon Chaney) with live organ accompaniment at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, the grand ol' restored 1930's art deco movie palace, complete with old newsreel, cartoon and feature, all for just $5 !  Best deal around and right above 19th St BART station!  Costumes optional.  If you haven't been there, do it!  Scroll in here: www.paramounttheatre.com/film.html
BOS3 Thrilla!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:27:16 AM by Wayback »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 10:34:50 AM »
Tonight (7:30pm) I'm attending screening of the 1925 silent film "The Phantom of the Opera" (starring Lon Chaney) with live organ accompaniment at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, the grand ol' restored 1930's art deco movie palace, complete with old newsreel, cartoon and feature, all for just $5 !  Best deal around and right above 19th St BART station!  Costumes optional.  If you haven't been there, do it!  Scroll in here: www.paramounttheatre.com/film.html
BOS3 Thrilla!

The Paramount RULES.

BOS2 Ramones -- how "novel"!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 10:37:11 AM »
dees town is comin' like a ghost town, mon.  BOS3, even tho' this song has nothing to do with H'ween.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 10:43:43 AM »
BOS3 Thrilla!

The Paramount RULES.

I love the Paramount!  that $5 deal is pretty great.  I might be there.  The Paramount used to have an occasional film series (Friday nights, I think) where's they show a vintage newsreel, a cartoon, hold a prize raffle and then show a classic movie. All for $5. And with cute little old lady ushers.

TANC: A friend of mine just published a book on Timothy Pflueger, the architect of the Paramount and other Art Deco masterpieces (Castro Theatre f'rinstance).
~CPL593H~

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »
Monster Mash with Hash:

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 10:45:54 AM »
BOS3 Thrilla!

The Paramount RULES.

I love the Paramount!  that $5 deal is pretty great.  I might be there.  The Paramount used to have an occasional film series (Friday nights, I think) where's they show a vintage newsreel, a cartoon, hold a prize raffle and then show a classic movie. All for $5. And with cute little old lady ushers.

TANC: A friend of mine just published a book on Timothy Pflueger, the architect of the Paramount and other Art Deco masterpieces (Castro Theatre f'rinstance).

Pflueger also did Radio City Music Hall, iirc.

And in the spirit of Halloween -- Ralph Nader has completely lost his mind:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/31/1621521.aspx

I mean, seriously -- WTF??  Nader must've smoked some "Monster Hash"!  BOS4 the Toyes.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »
Loving the Monster Mash/Hash twin-spin, but this buffering is pissin' me off.
Let's get right to it.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 10:47:28 AM »
BOS3 Thrilla!
The Paramount RULES.
Yes, after two years they just revived their classic film series!  Check out their website (link above).  I'll meet you there, if you want.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »
3 Halloween sets and only a couple of duplications!  Most impressive! Kudos to all!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 10:51:13 AM »
CRAP--the stream burped during the backsell so I missed him reading off everything from Johnny Otis on! Of all the days for the stream to turn to sh**.
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 11:08:44 AM »
BOS3 Thrilla!
The Paramount RULES.
Yes, after two years they just revived their classic film series!  Check out their website (link above).  I'll meet you there, if you want.

I'll let you know via this thread if I'll be going -- not sure yet: the GF and I might stay in SF tonight.  I'm a little interested in the goings-on at AT&T Park, or we might see a scary movie here.  Boo!
~CPL593H~

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 11:13:57 AM »
BOS3 Thrilla!
The Paramount RULES.
I'll let you know via this thread if I'll be going -- not sure yet: the GF and I might stay in SF tonight.  I'm a little interested in the goings-on at AT&T Park, or we might see a scary movie here.  Boo!
You can go to Members page here, click on my envelope to send off-line email. If you're there, great, otherwise you two enjoy your Halloween!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 04:00:37 PM »
10/31/08 – FRIDAY!!  Halloweeen!!

1.  Elton John – Funeral For a Friend (BEST OF SET!!)
2.  Oingo Boingo – Dead Man’s Party
3.  Danny Elfman – This is Halloween
4.  Michael Jackson – Thriller
5.  Johnny Otis Show – Castin’ My Spell
6.  Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells
7.  Ramones – Pet Sematary
8.  Specials – Ghost Train
9.  Bobby Boris Pickett – Monster Mash
10. The Toyes – Monster Hash

BONUS TRACK:   Ministry – Every Day is Halloween
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

SFGuy

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 01:11:21 AM »
MJ's here to terrorize y'all's neighborhood!

Sad that Michael Jackson looks more normal in that Thriller video then he does today.