Author Topic: Local (and other) radio news  (Read 456181 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Local radio news
« Reply #435 on: April 19, 2009, 10:52:47 AM »
True Oldies Channel is doing another "Rock'n'Roll Remake" weekend, and they played of bit of Arthur Alexander's orig of "Burning Love" -- damn, I had no idea!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 21, 2009, 10:40:11 AM »
Peter Hartlaub writes a blog post bemoaning the loss of Live 105's morning show, "The Woody Show", and the comments almost to a man say "good riddance."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/parenting/detail?entry_id=38351&tsp=1

Flipping channels today to learn that Live105 has poached No-Name from KLLC for their new morning show. Today was his first day.   He apparently got ditched last summer by KLLC & no one really cared.

"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2009, 08:00:41 AM »
This is pretty funny stuff:  A fake website used by stations in the process of switching formats -- yes, they actually play Chinese music on the air while they redirect their station website here:

http://www.kungpao1005.com/

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Randi Rhodes is coming back to Green 960
« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2009, 09:35:29 AM »
ironically, she's been picked up by the same group (subset of Clear Channel) that handles Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, and the rest of the miscreants!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Local (and other) radio news
« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2009, 12:21:44 PM »
I heard this morning that Renel Moon is leaving KISS 98.1 FM (A clear channel station).  She does the morning slot on the R&B Station.  Prob not a lot of KISS 98.1 fans here, but of course you know she's also the PA announcer at Giants games, too.

her blog page says it's her decision
http://www.981kissfm.com/pages/dj_renel.html

~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2009, 12:39:07 PM »
I heard this morning that Renel Moon is leaving KISS 98.1 FM (A clear channel station).  She does the morning slot on the R&B Station.  Prob not a lot of KISS 98.1 fans here, but of course you know she's also the PA announcer at Giants games, too.

well, now she can get some sleep!  How you can do a morning show and then be a PA announcer at nite games is beyond me.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 06, 2009, 12:26:49 AM »

well, now she can get some sleep!  How you can do a morning show and then be a PA announcer at nite games is beyond me.

After reading thru her journal, I get the impression that she announced she was leaving last Friday, and that was essentially her last day, save for a two-hour farewell appearance this coming Friday. None of this "I'm retiring in two months" stuff--"Today is it, I'm outta here." But I guess doing a morning show has gotta take its toll on anyone.

Wonder how long it took Dave to start sleeping normal hours again?
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 07, 2009, 08:41:31 AM »

After reading thru her journal, I get the impression that she announced she was leaving last Friday, and that was essentially her last day, save for a two-hour farewell appearance this coming Friday. None of this "I'm retiring in two months" stuff--"Today is it, I'm outta here." But I guess doing a morning show has gotta take its toll on anyone.

I listen to KISS for the old school stuff. Like Renels 9am show and the lunch time and drive time play lists. I met Renel last monthg at the Giants lunch I go to every year. She was soooooo nice. Pic to FB momentarily.
Sharks bleed teal.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 07, 2009, 09:45:36 AM »

I listen to KISS for the old school stuff. Like Renels 9am show and the lunch time and drive time play lists. I met Renel last monthg at the Giants lunch I go to every year. She was soooooo nice. Pic to FB momentarily.

yes, they do throw some good old school stuff in there.  very nice.   Some of the newer stuff is good, too. I'm not necessarily a fan of the Maria Carey/Christina Aguilera school of Diva gesticulations and "let's see how many notes I can hit" phrasing, but I heard what I think is a Beyonce tune that I liked.  Something about "your book is being written" (i.e. you life is taking shape) or something schmaltzy like that.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 07, 2009, 09:51:47 AM »

yes, they do throw some good old school stuff in there.  very nice.   Some of the newer stuff is good, too. I'm not necessarily a fan of the Maria Carey/Christina Aguilera school of Diva gesticulations and "let's see how many notes I can hit" phrasing, but I heard what I think is a Beyonce tune that I liked.  Something about "your book is being written" (i.e. you life is taking shape) or something schmaltzy like that.

I used to be a fan of their Sunday afternoon oldies show -- they really went far back and played some obscurities and sometimes did a Theme Hour at 5:00. But the station generally plays the same focus-group-approved songs over and over ("Respect" and "Think" and "Natural Woman" repeatedly but jeezus Ree-Ree had dozens of other hits), and of course they've played less and less '60s and more '80s in recent years.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 07, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »
Something about "your book is being written" (i.e. you life is taking shape) or something schmaltzy like that.

That wouldn't be Natasha Bedingfield's "Unwritten," would it?

(For the record, I like quite a few Beyonce songs, especially "Irreplaceable," which might be in my Top 10 singles of the 2000s; her new hit, "Halo," is also good.)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 07, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »
Something about "your book is being written" (i.e. you life is taking shape) or something schmaltzy like that.

(For the record, I like quite a few Beyonce songs, especially "Irreplaceable," which might be in my Top 10 singles of the 2000s; her new hit, "Halo," is also good.)

"unwritten" is it, thanks!  and will chk out your Beyonce suggestions -- I've prob heard them already since she's so poular -- I need to hear more of that new music the kids are listening to.   :D
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 07, 2009, 11:54:17 AM »

"unwritten" is it, thanks!  and will chk out your Beyonce suggestions -- I've prob heard them already since she's so poular -- I need to hear more of that new music the kids are listening to.   :D

I always shop at her store, Bed Bath & Beyonce.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 07, 2009, 12:22:11 PM »

oh yeah, and then you go next door to Trader Ho's??  <rimshot>
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 07, 2009, 12:47:55 PM »

oh yeah, and then you go next door to Trader Ho's??  <rimshot>