Author Topic: Daves not here, Man: a "classic" from 1975  (Read 7250 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Daves not here, Man: a "classic" from 1975
« on: August 25, 2008, 07:55:50 AM »
new guy Webster was sitting in for Dave this AM -- not sure if he's off all week or just today.*  It's his first time, and  they were discussing "sunrise alerts".  "I guess that's something to look forward to in five years or so" said Webster -- WTF?

*ETA: he's back tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:04:07 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Daves not here, Man: a "classic" from 1975
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:05:09 AM »
a 1975 classic that orig aired on a Friday? That certainly narrows it down, '75 on Friday doesn't happen hardly ever. Late start too: 10@10:05.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:07:47 AM »
HM to "I'm on Fire," doesn't get old for me.  Too bad he didn't make a "Girls" video for it.  :o
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:08:20 AM »
BOS the orig "Once Bitten" --  yeah, some people who shall not be named prefer the remake. ;)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:09:16 AM »
Guilty as charged.  BTW, this is post #9900 for me.  I imagine I'll hit 10K on Labor Day.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 10:13:40 AM »
Imagine that HHH comment about Ford being uttered in today's atmosphere -- the right-wing blogosphere's collective head would explode!

VHM EWF

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 10:15:37 AM »
Just got here, or woulda voted BOS1 for Dwight Twilley.  same here, doesn't get old.

BOS1 for Ian Hunter.  so the remake you mean is by Great White?   It is good, but it'd be hard for anyone to muck up this great song. 

~CPL593H~

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »
new guy Webster ... "sunrise alerts".  "I guess that's something to look forward to in five years or so" said Webster -- WTF?

I didn't hear this, but he might be referring to global warming and how it'll burn off our customary summertime fog?  dunno...
I'm so glad Annalisa wasn't tapped for today's shift. She's prob still home having a cafe ole made with expresso.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 10:19:49 AM »
WOS Aerosmith: somehow this song which barely edged its way into the Top 40 has become one of the most-overplayed songs on Classic Rock radio in the last decade.  A couple years ago, when it was indeed in heavy "oldie" rotation on KFOG, I was in NYC and heard it 5 times in one week on Q-104.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 10:21:15 AM »
new guy Webster ... "sunrise alerts".  "I guess that's something to look forward to in five years or so" said Webster -- WTF?

I didn't hear this, but he might be referring to global warming and how it'll burn off our customary summertime fog?  dunno...
I'm so glad Annalisa wasn't tapped for today's shift. She's prob still home having a cafe ole made with expresso.

I didn't hear that either, but as soon as I heard Webster I thought, "Hmmm, wonder if their grooming him to be Dave's eventual replacement instead of Annalisa?"
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 10:22:06 AM »
WOS Aerosmith: somehow this song which barely edged its way into the Top 40 has become one of the most-overplayed songs on Classic Rock radio in the last decade.  A couple years ago, when it was indeed in heavy "oldie" rotation on KFOG, I was in NYC and heard it 5 times in one week on Q-104.

Agree, but that being said this is one of only two sets in the Db featuring it.  So at least Dave knows to lay off this one.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
She's prob still home having a cafe ole made with expresso.

LQTM, x2.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 10:22:48 AM »
FWIW this set is from May of '06, and it gets better as it goes.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »

I didn't hear that either, but as soon as I heard Webster I thought, "Hmmm, wonder if their grooming him to be Dave's eventual replacement instead of Annalisa?"

My thoughts exactly, and it struck me as a presumptuous thing for a guy so new-to-KFOG to say out loud.

BOS2 Bowie.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 10:28:42 AM »

My thoughts exactly, and it struck me as a presumptuous thing for a guy so new-to-KFOG to say out loud.

BOS2 Bowie.
so you think what he said referred to his being there instead of Annalisa?  from how it reads, I think it's weather-related.

BOS2 Bowie from me, too
~CPL593H~