Author Topic: Best. South Park. Ever?  (Read 7551 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Best. South Park. Ever?
« on: March 31, 2005, 07:53:33 AM »
I don't know HOW they're able to bang out an episode on a currently hot topic so quickly (and so brilliantly), but last nite they took on the Terry Schiavo fiasco (Schiasco?) and it was just genius. It'll be repeated tonight at 10.

And on a related topic, the woman in Ent Weekly who replaced dalton Ross on the "What to Watch" pages (her name escapes me) has officially declared that The Simpsons "sucks" this season.  Any thoughts on that?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Best. South Park. Ever?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 07:56:05 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
And on a related topic, the woman in Ent Weekly who replaced dalton Ross on the "What to Watch" pages (her name escapes me) has officially declared that The Simpsons "sucks" this season.  Any thoughts on that?

What is she watching instead?  Desperate Fucking Housewives?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Best. South Park. Ever?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 08:01:10 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "RGMike"
And on a related topic, the woman in Ent Weekly who replaced Dalton Ross on the "What to Watch" pages (her name escapes me) has officially declared that The Simpsons "sucks" this season.  Any thoughts on that?

What is she watching instead?  Desperate Fucking Housewives?

It was just a brief comment on her part but I'm curious if this is a common feeling among Simps-o-philes. Maybe Beej can tell us what the folks at TWP are saying.

Personally I think the writing is a bit... off. Strikes me as: they've gotten newer, younger writers who aren't quite into the rhythm. They seem to be trying harder to be both more "balanced" (red state/blue state) and more South Park-ish.  But I'd hardly say it "sucks".

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Best. South Park. Ever?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 10:10:37 AM »
It was just a brief comment on her part but I'm curious if this is a common feeling among Simps-o-philes. Maybe Beej can tell us what the folks at TWP are saying.

Many, many folks at TWoP have been unhappy with The Simpsoms for quite awhile now. I think the writing is flat, too. And there's a weird antagonism between Homer & Marge that they really didn't have before. It's kinda sad.
nakes? On my plane?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Best. South Park. Ever?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 10:59:45 AM »
Quote from: "Beej"

Many, many folks at TWoP have been unhappy with The Simpsoms for quite awhile now. I think the writing is flat, too. And there's a weird antagonism between Homer & Marge that they really didn't have before. It's kinda sad.

I think Homer is meaner this year, as opposed to harmlessly stupid.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Best. South Park. Ever?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 11:18:16 AM »
Homer's meaner and so is marge. I mean- Marge has become, like, a shrew. She's always stood her ground, etc- but this season she's a real nag.

Last night's South Park, on the other hand, was HELLA funny.
nakes? On my plane?