Author Topic: Jackson Browne - Stalk Me Like a Hurricane  (Read 7699 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Jackson Browne - Stalk Me Like a Hurricane
« on: March 27, 2005, 09:26:16 AM »
so, friday, sometime in between after-work drinks with alicat and before i turned into the reason some people don't go out at night, i went to martuni's on market. first time. swell, swell piano bar. when we arrived, mr. houston was singing "all that jazz," and you know i just associate this song with vitamin c. how delightful it was! so what did he follow with? some jackson browne song. at least it wasn't jackson singing...

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: Jackson Browne - Stalk Me Like a Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 10:48:05 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
so, friday, sometime in between after-work drinks with alicat and before i turned into the reason some people don't go out at night, i went to martuni's on market. first time. swell, swell piano bar. when we arrived, mr. houston was singing "all that jazz," and you know i just associate this song with vitamin c. how delightful it was! so what did he follow with? some jackson browne song. at least it wasn't jackson singing...
tsk tsk!  What has Jackson ever done to you to deserve this?
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 11:07:12 AM »
Speaking of stalking... you (princess) will be interested to know that while you're in NYC you'll have the opportunity to see both Kathleen Turner and Jessica Lange on B'way.  KT is in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (which has gotten great reviews), and JL is in Glass Menagerie (which hasn't).  The half-price ticket booth in Times Square RULES!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 08:09:12 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Speaking of stalking... you (princess) will be interested to know that while you're in NYC you'll have the opportunity to see both Kathleen Turner and Jessica Lange on B'way.  KT is in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (which has gotten great reviews), and JL is in Glass Menagerie (which hasn't).  The half-price ticket booth in Times Square RULES!

growl fest. half-price ticket booth? what a wonderful idea! i wish i would have thought of that when i was in l.a. patti labelle and gregory harrison in chicago must have been a hoot.

i've no interest in seeing the lange on bway, but kathleen might be ok. i have to get over my blonde revival fear, though. jerry hall as mrs. robinson almost ruined theatre for me altogether.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 08:57:56 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"

growl fest. half-price ticket booth? what a wonderful idea! i wish i would have thought of that when i was in l.a. patti labelle and gregory harrison in chicago must have been a hoot.

i've no interest in seeing the lange on bway, but kathleen might be ok. i have to get over my blonde revival fear, though. jerry hall as mrs. robinson almost ruined theatre for me altogether.

There is also a play that has just moved to B'way from off-B'way called Doubt, by John Patrick Shanley of Moonstruck fame. It's supposed to be great (they're talking Pulitzer Prize) and stars Cherry Jones, who should be on your list if she isn't already.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 09:17:33 AM »

There is also a play that has just moved to B'way from off-B'way called Doubt, by John Patrick Shanley of Moonstruck fame. It's supposed to be great (they're talking Pulitzer Prize) and stars Cherry Jones, who should be on your list if she isn't already.

ahh...cherry. (i had to look her up). the wife from "the horse whisperer!!" yes. she has to wait until next year to be added to the list, though.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:29:28 AM »

Jessica got a big enthusiastic 2-page spread in Newsweek, so the reviews must, at worst, be considered mixed.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 09:41:08 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"

Jessica got a big enthusiastic 2-page spread in Newsweek, so the reviews must, at worst, be considered mixed.

I missed that; I saw a pan in EW and The NY Times called it "Bizarre".

More B'way tips: they're doing an all-black On Golden Pond with James Earl Jones, Leslie Uggams and Colin Powell's daughter (!), and the new Neil LaBute play has the great Jeffrey Wright co-starring with Ben Stiller.