Author Topic: RMAT  (Read 9173 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
RMAT
« on: March 02, 2008, 08:14:14 PM »
Alert, triviosos: After an absence of a couple years, the Rhino Musical Aptitude Test (RMAT) is back!

THE RETURN OF THE RMAT

RMAT

We continue our search for the ultimate pop/rock expert with the sixth occasional Rhino Musical Aptitude Test on March 14. The latest installment of the RMAT will be staged live in Austin, TX at the South By Southwest Music Festival. The hour-long open-book multiple-choice test will also be administered online on Rhino's Web site beginning at 6:00 PM PST/9:00 PM EST that day. Pre-register now at www.rhino.com/rmat/
---
The Test!

Rhino continues its search for the ultimate pop/rock expert with the Sixth Annual Occasional Rhino Musical Aptitude Test on March 14, 2008. Take it live in Austin, TX or take it online at www.rhino.com/rmat!

305 questions in 60 minutes. Open book multiple-choice test covering every genre of music except classical. Go ahead and bring notes - no cheat sheet, laptop, or encyclopedia is a substitute for instant music recall when you have less than 12 seconds per question!

There is no pre-registration necessary for the live test.
---
The Prizes!

The contestants with the highest score at the Austin location and on the Internet will each receive 100 essential Rhino CDs as selected by Rhino's A&R staff. Of those two winners, the contestant with the higher score overall will also receive a place on Rhino's new-release mailing list for the rest of his/her life (or Rhino's, whichever ends first). *

*PHYSCIAL CD RELEASES ONLY. RULES AND REGULATIONS click here

---
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 08:41:55 AM by Gazoo »
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Music Trivia for Trivia's Sake
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 02:23:09 AM »
sounds like fun! i registered.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »

Cool!  Is anyone else taking the test?  I'll be at work at the time but am planning my dinner break around it.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 08:46:32 AM »

Cool!  Is anyone else taking the test?  I'll be at work at the time but am planning my dinner break around it.

I want to, gotta figure the logistics.  Dinner time on a Friday is sub-optimal, but I'll try.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 06:06:33 AM »
(1) I scored a 218 out of 305, which disappointed me.

(2) Anyone know how to move this thread to the "Mondegreens, Trivia, etc" forum?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 08:50:16 AM »
(2) Anyone know how to move this thread to the "Mondegreens, Trivia, etc" forum?

The moderator could do it, but we don't have one for the Stream of consciousness board, so guess we'll have to have Geoff do it.

ETA: Ask and ye shall receive. Geoff has obliged with a relocation.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:52:11 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: RMAT
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 09:43:27 AM »
The Rhino Musical Aptitude Test is back!
Think you know a lot about music? Well, friend, time to put your money where your mouth is and prove you have what it takes to be The World's Biggest Music Geek. Find out with the Rhino Musical Aptitude Test! Based on the legendary SAT-style test administered around the world at record stores, the Rhino Musical Aptitude Test (RMAT) is the ultimate music trivia challenge featuring more than 1,200 brain-busting and genre-bending questions and is perfect for anyone that loves music and trivia.
Using multiple choice questions across four levels of difficulty (easy, medium, hard, and expert), the RMAT requires players to correctly answer five questions per level before advancing to the progressively more difficult rounds. Each game offers players the chance to deploy three life-saving Guitar Picks, which bring down the number of possible answers from four to two. However, three strikes (incorrect answers) during any given level and you're out! Featuring all of your favorite artists from ABBA to ZZ Top, the RMAT is jam-packed with enough trivia throughout all the musical genres you've come to know and love to keep even the biggest music geek busy for hours on end!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rhino-musical-aptitude-test/id412207715

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 10:03:51 AM »
Think you know a lot about music? Well, friend, time to put your money where your mouth is and prove you have what it takes to be The World's Biggest Music Geek. Find out with the Rhino Musical Aptitude Test! Based on the legendary SAT-style test administered around the world at record stores, the Rhino Musical Aptitude Test (RMAT) is the ultimate music trivia challenge featuring more than 1,200 brain-busting and genre-bending questions and is perfect for anyone that loves music and trivia.
Using multiple choice questions across four levels of difficulty (easy, medium, hard, and expert), the RMAT requires players to correctly answer five questions per level before advancing to the progressively more difficult rounds. Each game offers players the chance to deploy three life-saving Guitar Picks, which bring down the number of possible answers from four to two. However, three strikes (incorrect answers) during any given level and you're out! Featuring all of your favorite artists from ABBA to ZZ Top, the RMAT is jam-packed with enough trivia throughout all the musical genres you've come to know and love to keep even the biggest music geek busy for hours on end!

Dang - I need them to make an iPod Classic version!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 10:09:45 PM »

Dang - I need them to make an iPod Classic version!

Here's hoping they come out with an Android version for those of us who haven't yet drunk the Apple kool-aid.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 07:36:55 AM »
Here's hoping they come out with an Android version for those of us who haven't yet drunk the Apple kool-aid.

mmmmmm.... apple Kool-Aid...

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round