Author Topic: The Concert Thread  (Read 403938 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: The Concert Thread
« Reply #1275 on: April 02, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »
Also, isn't AKON (opening for Usher at HP) the guy who did the Giants-centric parody of Don't Stop Believin' during post-season last year?
The Giants video guy's name I believe is Ashkon, and he's in some play down here about beards.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 06, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
Next up...OMD at the Fox next Saturday!  ;D

I heard it was great... right?
[/quote]

Yes!!!!!  ;D  It was nearly full (though not completely sold out...though most of their tour was, but the Fox was also a much bigger venue) & the audience was singing along to most of their songs, not just "If You Leave" -- though that one was awesome too, when he busted out the sax...ohhhh man!!!

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 06, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
Next up...OMD at the Fox next Saturday!  ;D

I heard it was great... right?

Yes!!!!!  ;D  It was nearly full (though not completely sold out...though most of their tour was, but the Fox was also a much bigger venue) & the audience was singing along to most of their songs, not just "If You Leave" -- though that one was awesome too, when he busted out the sax...ohhhh man!!!
[/quote]
Please tell me they played Joan of Arc!

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 06, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »
This should be a required field trip for all 10at10Club members  ;)
The Cars 10-city tour stops at Oakland's Fox Theater Friday May 13.  From Pollstar.com:
Set to launch the same day the band’s new album Move Like This lands in stores, The Cars begin their journey in Seattle May 10 then to Los Angeles for a show at the Hollywood Palladium May 12. Other stops include Oakland's Fox Theater May 13; Denver May 15; Minneapolis May 17; Chicago May 18; Toronto May 20; Washington DC May 23, New York City’s Roseland May 25, finishing at Boston's House Of Blues May 26.
Who’s in The Cars these days? All surviving original members – Ric Ocasek, Greg Hawkes, Elliot Easton and David Robinson. Bassist and vocalist Benjamin Orr passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2000. Hawkes and Move Like This producer Garret “Jacknife” Lee shared bass duties on the album.  http://www.thefoxoakland.com/calendar.php

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 07, 2011, 12:36:28 AM »
Please tell me they played Joan of Arc!

Yes indeed! :D

1.New Babies: New Toys
2.Messages
3.Tesla Girls 
4.Radio Waves 
5.History Of Modern (Part 1) 
6.(Forever) Live and Die
7.If You Leave
8.Souvenir 
9.Joan Of Arc
10.Maid Of Orleans
11.New Holy Ground
12.Green
13.Talking Loud And Clear
14.So In Love
15.Sister Marie Says
16.Locomotion
17.Dreaming
18.Sailing on the Seven Seas
19.Enola Gay
Encore:
20.Walking On The Milky Way
21.Electricity

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 10, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »

This is the one I'd have been dying to hear.  One of '97's best.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 10, 2011, 05:49:46 PM »

This is the one I'd have been dying to hear.  One of '97's best.

I'd've wanted "Pandora's Box" which really should've been a big hit.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 11, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »
Outside Lands lineup announced: Muse, Phish and Arcade Fire headline the fourth annual Outside Lands Festival in Golden Gate Park Aug. 12-14.  More than 50 performers are set to appear including the Black Keys, MGMT, Girl Talk, the Decemberists, the Roots, John Fogerty, Arctic Monkeys, Big Audio Dynamite, Warren Haynes Band, Deadmau5, the Original Meters, Erykah Badu, Beirut and OK Go.
 http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/culture/detail?entry_id=86772
The full lineup can be found at www.sfoutsidelands.com

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 11, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »
Outside Lands lineup announced: Muse, Phish and Arcade Fire headline the fourth annual Outside Lands Festival in Golden Gate Park Aug. 12-14.  More than 50 performers are set to appear including the Black Keys, MGMT, Girl Talk, the Decemberists, the Roots, John Fogerty, Arctic Monkeys, Big Audio Dynamite, Warren Haynes Band, Deadmau5, the Original Meters, Erykah Badu, Beirut and OK Go.
 http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/culture/detail?entry_id=86772
The full lineup can be found at www.sfoutsidelands.com

I didn't go last year (or the years before that), but I did bike by on that last day (Sunday afternoon) and managed to video a bunch of hooligans jumping the fence.  I blogged about it here:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/culture/detail?entry_id=70229

~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 27, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »
OMG.  A friend just told me that she shelled out an insane amount of money ($600 for 2 tickets) to see Eric Clapton last month and went the day after the actual concert.  Then, a different friend told me she did the same thing for the recent Janet Jackson concert.  Argh!  I'm surprised this hasn't happened to me (yet).

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 27, 2011, 11:13:20 PM »
OMG.  A friend just told me that she shelled out an insane amount of money ($600 for 2 tickets) to see Eric Clapton last month and went the day after the actual concert.  Then, a different friend told me she did the same thing for the recent Janet Jackson concert.  Argh!  I'm surprised this hasn't happened to me (yet).

I went to a ballgame with a friend, and the same thing happened except we were a day early. At least in that case there was still a game being played, so we just bought tickets and went in. But eating $600 worth of tickets--yikes. Your friend must have felt terribly sheepish.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 28, 2011, 10:06:44 PM »
Painful and sad to have missed the show.
Sharks bleed teal.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 29, 2011, 07:13:56 AM »
Painful and sad to have missed the show.

this happened to me many years ago, too.  I had tix to the first ever Cirque de Soliel visit to SF (in 94?), but totally forgot about it.  dagnabbit.
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 29, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »

Wow.  :'(  That's one of the saddest things I've read in awhile...I too am surprised this hasn't happened to me, yet.  :-\

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 02, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »
Mountain Winery summer concerts includes Jethro Tull Aqualung 40th Anniv Tour, Monkees (without Mike and you'd think they'd spell it right!), Steely Dan, INXS/Berlin, CCR/3DN, B-52's/Human League/Men Without Hats, Tears For Fears, Psych Furs/Tom Tom Club, H&O, Boz Scaggs/Michael McDonald, BB King/Buddy Guy, George Thorogood/Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Haggard/Kristofferson, Los Lonely Boys/Los Lobos, Goo Goo Dolls/Michelle Branch, Doobies, Chicago, Huey Lewis, ZZTop, Billy Idol, more:
http://www.livenation.com/Mountain-Winery-tickets-Saratoga/venue/229407?wt.mc_id=dm-6119083&p=4335428&camefrom=LNC_b6119083_c4335428
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:30:27 PM by Wayback »