Author Topic: The Concert Thread  (Read 404099 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Concert Thread
« Reply #1200 on: December 08, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »
A video from last night's Concert For Kids, this Doobies song closed the show. I'm stage right, on the aisle, fourth row. At end of the song, and unfortunately just after this clip ends so its not on video, I walked 15 feet to side of stage and shook hands with guitarist Pat Simmons, the one with the top hat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGAVFWcnHnw

cool! 

It's nice to see that he's still trying to keep Frye boots-tucked-into-jeans in fashion!
~CPL593H~

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 08, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »
Free show alert, tonight at 7 p.m.- The Doobie Brothers at SF’s flagship Apple Store, at 1 Stockton St.
 http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/backstage-pass/2010/12/doobie-brothers-put-free-concert-apple

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 13, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
Clapton. Yay. and RG, pls no Crapton cuz it just aint so. No one wanted to go with me so I just bought a single ticket for the San Jose show. I am beside myself with glee. Floor, ROW 5! Hurrah!
Sharks bleed teal.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 13, 2010, 11:58:46 AM »
Clapton. Yay. and RG, pls no Crapton cuz it just aint so. No one wanted to go with me so I just bought a single ticket for the San Jose show. I am beside myself with glee. Floor, ROW 5! Hurrah!

Wow, Row 5, that is awesome.  I might have even made the trek to SJ for row 5.  On a Wednesday.  Especially since Los Lobos is opening.  But probably not -- school night shows far away are just too much for this old guy.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1204 on: December 13, 2010, 08:41:47 PM »
No Crapton from me!  Have a ball.  How long ago did he retire?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 13, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »

You go girl!  I loves me some Crapton!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: December 14, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »
That's why Bob said he wouldn't go. "too old." and he didn't mean himself.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1207 on: December 15, 2010, 07:32:27 PM »
That's why Bob said he wouldn't go. "too old." and he didn't mean himself.
What I meant was you won't find me referring to Clapton as Crapton.  I did think he had retired some years ago from touring.  I don't think a musician needs to retire until they're pushing up daisies.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: December 21, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
Saw Billy Idol at The Fillmore last night. Went over last minute and bought someone's extra ticket.  VERY FUN .. His guitarist, Steve Stevens, is the bomb.  He did most of his radio-play hits, as well as some Gen-X stuff.  he didn't do Don't Need A Gun (too bad) or Hot In The City (thank you).  He *did* play Mony Mony (unavoidable, unfortunately).

So anyway, Steve Stevens, without him, the show would have been sorta crap.

this setlist pic is not from last night, but I think he followed it pretty closely (Dancing = Dancing With Myself, Flesh = Flesh for Fantasy)

~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 21, 2010, 01:18:41 PM »
Saw Billy Idol at The Fillmore last night. Went over last minute and bought someone's extra ticket.  VERY FUN .. His guitarist, Steve Stevens, is the bomb.  He did most of his radio-play hits, as well as some Gen-X stuff.  he didn't do Don't Need A Gun (too bad) or Hot In The City (thank you).  He *did* play Mony Mony (unavoidable, unfortunately).

So anyway, Steve Stevens, without him, the show would have been sorta crap.

this setlist pic is not from last night, but I think he followed it pretty closely (Dancing = Dancing With Myself, Flesh = Flesh for Fantasy)

Wot?  No Cradle Of Love??? 

Sounded like a fun show.  Wanted to see him when he played the Fillmore earlier this year, but tickets were $75.  Too spendy for Mr. Idol.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: December 27, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »
Holy crap!  too late, I guess, but tonite at the Independent: Cracker AND Camper Van Beethoven!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 07, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »
Hey Gaz -- didya know there's a drag queen performance artist in NY who calls himself "JoMama Jones"?

http://theater.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/theater/reviews/07jomama.html?ref=theater

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 07, 2011, 06:29:11 PM »
Hey Gaz -- didya know there's a drag queen performance artist in NY who calls himself "JoMama Jones"?

http://theater.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/theater/reviews/07jomama.html?ref=theater

No, I'd never heard of him or her - interesting to know.  Thanks!  (I really like this writer's style, btw.)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 12, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 13, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
Damn, I've seen this guy playing in the 24th St BART station -- and you may have too.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/13/NSGA1H4QJO.DTL