Author Topic: The Concert Thread  (Read 404139 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: The Concert Thread
« Reply #1005 on: March 03, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »
quite a nite in SF this evening: Allan Toussaint at the GAMH and Snoop Dogg at the Fillmo'.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 11, 2010, 09:20:33 AM »
Holy effin lucky me. I was just caller 103 on the Band and won tix incl air and hotel at Vegas Hard Rock to see Carlos Santana I think on Apr 22. Should be a fun getaway with a new job and a weeknight. Hope I can pull it off.
Sharks bleed teal.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 11, 2010, 09:24:02 AM »
Holy effin lucky me. I was just caller 103 on the Band and won tix incl air and hotel at Vegas Hard Rock to see Carlos Santana I think on Apr 22. Should be a fun getaway with a new job and a weeknight. Hope I can pull it off.

wowwow!  congrats..!
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 11, 2010, 09:24:22 AM »

Woo Hoo! Congrats!  Play a few dollar slots for us.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 11, 2010, 09:42:58 AM »

Wow! That's a pretty nice prize--one of the better ones I've seen offered lately. (No one gives away cars or boats or $20,000 any more.) Hope you can find someone to watch the kids so you & Bob can have a nice weekend to yourselves.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 11, 2010, 10:11:37 AM »

Applause, applause!!!  Well done!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 11, 2010, 07:20:44 PM »
Going to see The Del McCoury Band at GAMH his Sunday... anyone else?
~CPL593H~

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 11, 2010, 10:34:17 PM »

If I were anywhere nearby, I'd be right there with ya. They rule! Best bluegrass band going, for at least the last 10 years or so.
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 13, 2010, 08:03:27 PM »

If I were anywhere nearby, I'd be right there with ya. They rule! Best bluegrass band going, for at least the last 10 years or so.

Cool, maybe next time urth! 

after seeing the badn with a few dozen thousand other fans at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass fests, I decided to pull the trigger and see em up close and personal-like.  Del always takes requests, and I know someone will request 1952 Vincent Black Lightning.  I'm a newbie fan, but I'll prob ask for Nashville Cats, or Get Down on Your Knees and Pray, or City of Stone.  Love that high lonesome stuff.
~CPL593H~

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 29, 2010, 09:54:24 PM »
Urth, Knopfler Apr 10 in Portland. I'll be seeing him on the 13th in Oakland.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 29, 2010, 11:01:46 PM »
Urth, Knopfler Apr 10 in Portland. I'll be seeing him on the 13th in Oakland.

Thanks for the tip. I'd consider going, but I can't promise I'll be anyplace tomorrow night, let alone two weeks from now. Besides, probably nothing but crap seats left at this late date.
Let's get right to it.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 30, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
This year's concerts at the Alameda County Fair June 23 - July 11 includes Johnny Rivers, Tower of Power, Grand Funk Railroad, Crystal Gayle, Uncle Kracker, Lonestar, Little Feat, War, Con Funk Shun, Evolution (a Journey tribute band), Beatles Majesty (a Beatles tribute band), Foreverland: a tribute to Michael Jackson, and the annual July 4th Blues Festival:
http://www.alamedacountyfair.com/2010fair/concerts/index_line_up.php?row=0

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 30, 2010, 04:51:46 PM »
This year's concerts at the Alameda County Fair June 23 - July 11 includes Johnny Rivers, Tower of Power, Grand Funk Railroad, Crystal Gayle, Uncle Kracker, Lonestar, Little Feat, War, Con Funk Shun, Evolution (a Journey tribute band), Beatles Majesty (a Beatles tribute band), Foreverland: a tribute to Michael Jackson, and the annual July 4th Blues Festival:

all in all, a suitably ho-hum county fair line up. ;)

Still, Alameda County Fair is one of the good ones, if only for the great weather.  And the model trains!

"War" is just one guy who owns the rights to the name.  There's another band called "The Low Rider Band" that contains four previous member so War (inc Lee Oskar) but they are prohibited from mentioning the band War anywhere in their materials or from the stage.  

btw, the Marin County Fair will feature the Del McCoury Band and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band on July 4th!
~CPL593H~

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 30, 2010, 05:09:09 PM »
This year's concerts at the Alameda County Fair June 23 - July 11 includes Johnny Rivers, Tower of Power, Grand Funk, Crystal Gayle, Uncle Kracker, Lonestar, Little Feat, War, Con Funk Shun, Evolution (a Journey tribute band), Beatles Majesty (a Beatles tribute band), Foreverland: a tribute to Michael Jackson, and the annual July 4th Blues Festival:
Still, Alameda County Fair is one of the good ones, if only for the great weather.  And the model trains!
and don't forget my annual ever-changing Rock Music Memorabilia display in the Hobby Building!  See ya at the fair!  ;D

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 30, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »
This year's concerts at the Alameda County Fair June 23 - July 11 includes Johnny Rivers, Tower of Power, Grand Funk, Crystal Gayle, Uncle Kracker, Lonestar, Little Feat, War, Con Funk Shun, Evolution (a Journey tribute band), Beatles Majesty (a Beatles tribute band), Foreverland: a tribute to Michael Jackson, and the annual July 4th Blues Festival:
and don't forget my annual ever-changing Rock Music Memorabilia display in the Hobby Building!  See ya at the fair!  ;D

oh yeah?!  I've seen that!  nice job, wayback. The "collections" are some of the funnest things at those Fairs.
~CPL593H~