Author Topic: KBCO, 6/18/07: 1978  (Read 3095 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KBCO, 6/18/07: 1978
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 09:47:44 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
BOS3 Van the Man, "Natalia" -- a Narada to me until it started showing up semi-regularly in Ginger's sets. Don't remember it getting NY airplay at the time (and I listened to FM rock radio incessantly), but it's a fave now.

I remember hearing it a bit on KZAP, the FM station out of Sacto and I assume KSAN was on it as well--a secondary track from Wavelength if I recall and it didn't stay in rotation for very long. But Van was living in San Anselmo in those days so got a lot of airplay around here.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 09:48:39 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
speaking of first times you heard things, first time I heard this Van song was when Ginger played it a couple years ago in a '78 set.

triple-almost-jinx. That's 3 of us who never heard this one in '78.  Glad it's not just me.

OMFG! BOS4 Devo, "Satisfaction" -- one of the New Wave tracks that separated the forward-looking types from the old hippies (many forget that there were folks who claimed to love rock who HATED Punk & NW, and they *really* hated this cover).

First, they came for the old hippies, and I said nothing.  Then, they came for the forward-looking types, and I said nothing.  Then, they came for me, and I said "babybabybabybabybabybabybabyICAN'TGETNO!"
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 09:49:56 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
speaking of first times you heard things, first time I heard this Van song was when Ginger played it a couple years ago in a '78 set.

triple-almost-jinx. That's 3 of us who never heard this one in '78.  Glad it's not just me.

OMFG! BOS4 Devo, "Satisfaction" -- one of the New Wave tracks that separated the forward-looking types from the old hippies (many forget that there were folks who claimed to love rock who HATED Punk & NW, and they *really* hated this cover).

First, they came for the old hippies, and I said nothing.  Then, they came for the forward-looking types, and I said nothing.  Then, they came for me, and I said "babybabybabybabybabybabybabyICAN'TGETNO!"

ROTFLSHIPMP!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 09:50:30 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

LOL!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010