Author Topic: i can't believe i haven't said a word about this...  (Read 6845 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
i can't believe i haven't said a word about this...
« on: February 26, 2005, 11:48:55 PM »
i saw sarah jones in bridge and tunnel at the berkeley rep last sunday.

OH.
MY.
SWEET.
BABY.
JESUS.

that woman is good. really. the show will be on broadway in the fall. everyone GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!

how can i explain? hmm...a black woman portraying an old russian man (speaking russian), a vietnamese hip-hop dude, an old polish woman, an australian woman, a chinese mother, an eleven-year old girl...sigh. her talent is amazing!!!! i had a hard time believing i was watching one woman turn into so many different people. and this wasn't any anna devereaux-smith stereotypical impersonations of people other than herself. oh, no, sir. this was a very talented person morphing right before your very eyes into living, breathing characters.

bridge and tunnel is about...you guessed it, immigrants. and about their experiences in "the new world." and the not-so-new world. gosh. it's really the best thing i've seen in the theatre EVER. even better than staring down bernadette peter's dress at the flint. i was crying so much, and laughing so loudly, i thought i would have to leave the theatre.

anyhoo. go. do. be. straight-up testimonial from me.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 04:08:43 PM »
That name sounds familiar.  Is Sarah Jones the one who did "Your Revolution" two years ago and was bizarrely censored for it?  I guess I could/should go Google this ...
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 08:18:42 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
That name sounds familiar.  Is Sarah Jones the one who did "Your Revolution" two years ago and was bizarrely censored for it?  I guess I could/should go Google this ...

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 08:39:06 AM »
Was there supposed to be text after the quote?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 08:40:47 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Was there supposed to be text after the quote?

ayup. it said:

indeed, the same:
http://www.sarahjonesonline.com