Author Topic: PopeWatch 2005: a m-b-m report on the pontiff's wellbeing  (Read 15375 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
PopeWatch 2005: a m-b-m report on the pontiff's wellbeing
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2005, 02:29:29 PM »
That was just me as guest. Forgot to log in. One more Pope related comment. At yesterdays ballgame, they asked for a moment of silence and had JPII up on the big screen for a decent interval. This was at the very beginning, right at 1:05 before anything else took place.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2005, 02:50:03 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "mshray"
so far my favorite repercusion of the Pontiff's passing is that in order to attend the state funeral, Prince Charles has had to reschedule his wedding with Camilla P-B.

What a schlmozzle!

Schlemeil! Schlmozzle! Hassenpfeffer Incorporated!

Give us any chance we'll take it
Read us any rule we'll break it...

As I've had it explained to me: The Schlemeil is the guy who spills his soup at the restaurant; the Schlmozzle is the guy who gets the soup spilled on him.  Is this accurate?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2005, 03:01:06 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
so far my favorite repercusion of the Pontiff's passing is that in order to attend the state funeral, Prince Charles has had to reschedule his wedding with Camilla P-B.

What a schlmozzle!

As I've had it explained to me: The Schlemeil is the guy who spills his soup at the restaurant; the Schlmozzle is the guy who gets the soup spilled on him.  Is this accurate?

Sounds about right.

BTW, should you care, I'm told NYC's K-Rock did a major format-tweak today -- they're now a lot like The Bone.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2005, 12:32:38 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

What a schlmozzle!

Sounds about right.

BTW, should you care, I'm told NYC's K-Rock did a major format-tweak today -- they're now a lot like The Bone.

Alas, I hadn't noticed and probably won't notice -- my radio listening these days is limited to specific shows and agendas (Micky Dolenz in the morning when I don't have work to do; Felix Hernandez Rhythm Revue on the weekends when I can; and the Top 40 and Hip-Hop stations a couple times a week so I can stay current on what's out there.  (Have y'all heard Amerie's "1 Thing" yet?  Insane percussion, great multitracked vocal production effects - my #2 single of the year.)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”