Author Topic: The TV Thread: Networks, cable, shows on DVD.  (Read 105576 times)

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: The TV Thread: Networks, cable, shows on DVD.
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »
Who's playing Lance?  Saw a documentary on his later years.  Funny and sad.  Quite the character.

SFGuy

« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2011, 10:11:32 PM »
If anyone has channel 38 in the Bay Area, they are now showing really old TV shows like Rockford Files, Adam 12, Dragnet, Emergency!, I Spy and on weekends Peter Gunn, It Takes a Thief.

what did they used to be? All-Asian? Spanish?

I think it used to be Chinese programming.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2011, 07:07:16 PM »
If anyone has channel 38 in the Bay Area, they are now showing really old TV shows like Rockford Files, Adam 12, Dragnet, Emergency!, I Spy and on weekends Peter Gunn, It Takes a Thief.

what did they used to be? All-Asian? Spanish?

I think it used to be Chinese programming.

Ah, figured out they are Ch. 21 on Comcast.  They're showing the orig Battlestar Galactica right now; followed by "Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-in", a syndicated knockoff of Elvira's similar show (and "KOFY Creepy Movietime"). Then they've got the orig Night of the Living Dead -- hope it's a better print than the oine KMTP shows.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2011, 10:03:41 PM »
Holy crap (and this could've gone in the "I Didn't Know That!" thread) -- H. Jon Benjamin, the voice of Bob on Bob's Burgers, a show I love, is also the voice of Archer on Archer, the animated spy spoof on F/X that I've heard good things about but have never gotten around to watching.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2011, 10:31:42 PM »
Who's playing Lance? 

Too typecasty to suggest Chris Colfer?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2011, 11:56:55 PM »
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2011, 07:54:57 AM »
Who's playing Lance? 

Too typecasty to suggest Chris Colfer?

Lance was hippie/Radical Faeries nelly, not Gay Men's Chorus/show-tune nelly.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2011, 07:16:27 PM »
Retro alert: KFTY, Channel 50 in Sac'to, avail on Comcast at Ch 31, is showing Mary Tyler Moore, The Dick Van Dyke Show and the first Bob Newhart Show in a 90-minute block from 8-9:30 weeknites. 

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2011, 07:56:57 AM »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »
Appropriately, KOFY's retro-hour is showing the little-seen Clifton Davis sitcom That's My Mama! tonite at 10.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »
Appropriately, KOFY's retro-hour is showing the little-seen Clifton Davis sitcom That's My Mama! tonite at 10.

Randy Watson was touted in Coming to America as having appeared in an episode of That's My Mama! (I thought the show was made up for the movie's sake!)

“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2011, 07:33:41 PM »
Randy Watson was touted in Coming to America as having appeared in an episode of That's My Mama! (I thought the show was made up for the movie's sake!)

Bwahahaha!  There have been numerous That's My ___________! jokes since the show aired and of course there was the short-lived Stone/Parker parody of Dubya called That's My Bush!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »
They're showing classic early Simpsons eps all month -- just saw the Ramones sing Happy Birthday to Mr Burns.  "Have the Rolling Stones killed." Timeless.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »
They're showing classic early Simpsons eps all month -- just saw the Ramones sing Happy Birthday to Mr Burns.  "Have the Rolling Stones killed." Timeless.

and speaking of The Simpsons: are you ready for...Nedna?

Will they or won’t they? SIMPSONS fans will have the opportunity to decide the future of Springfield’s newest “it” couple, “Nedna” – NED FLANDERS (Harry Shearer) and EDNA KRABAPPEL (guest voice Marcia Wallace) – who have found love.

Following the all-new “The Ned-liest Catch” season finale episode of THE SIMPSONS, airing Sunday, May 22 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX, fans can decide the future of “Nedna” at www.thesimpsons.com by voting “Pro Nedna” or “No Nedna.” All summer long, “I’m Pro Nedna” and “I’m No Nedna” wallpaper, videos, Twitter badges and Facebook icons will be available for fans to download and post. After the fan voting ends in August, results will be revealed during the Season 23 premiere airing this fall on FOX.

In “The Ned-liest Catch,” feeling guilty for getting Ms. Krabappel suspended after one of his school pranks, BART (Nancy Cartwright) helps her escape detention, and Ned Flanders winds up saving her life in the process. When Edna and Ned start dating, he is surprised to learn she’s been with many of Springfield’s men, including HOMER (Dan Castellaneta) and Aerosmith drummer JOEY KRAMER (guest-voicing as himself).