Author Topic: Mon 12/5/05: 1984  (Read 6350 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Mon 12/5/05: 1984
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 10:47:06 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Now you're all gonna go off on Wang Chung again aren't you?

Er... would you have expected anything less? Welcome back!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 10:50:04 AM »
Hey Mike, re: Peyton.  I see that you have changed your mind about the jinx, before your avatar was the jinx, but now changing it would be.

Colts are now the 5th team to go 12-0, and all previous teams won the title/Super Bowl.  Only a Bears team in the 30's and the '72 Dolphins went completely undefeated tho'.  So if they do lose to JAX, SD or SEA (combined 27-8 going into tonite) you ought not despair.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 11:06:34 AM »
Hey Mike, re: Peyton.  I see that you have changed your mind about the jinx, before your avatar was the jinx, but now changing it would be.

Colts are now the 5th team to go 12-0, and all previous teams won the title/Super Bowl.  Only a Bears team in the 30's and the '72 Dolphins went completely undefeated tho'.  So if they do lose to JAX, SD or SEA (combined 27-8 going into tonite) you ought not despair.

Oh I figure they gotta lose one of those 3. But a SuperBowl loss (or -- shudder -- not getting there) would be shocking.  We're gonna be seeing that Peyton MasterCard commercial for a loooooong time.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 11:17:03 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Oh I figure they gotta lose one of those 3. But a SuperBowl loss (or -- shudder -- not getting there) would be shocking.

I gotta say they are the extremely-long-odds favorite to win the AFC.  I mean if Denver can't beat KC on the road the Broncos'll certainly be big underdogs in a potential AFC Championship game, and until yesterday they were the only team projected as merely a modest underdog for that contest.

Super Bowls are a different story however.  With a neutral field and 2 weeks to prepare & recover from injuries, big underdogs have a much better chance than they do in conf title games.  Witness the first Patriots win & what Carolina almost did 2 years ago (against the last team to go 12-0, mind you).  It'll be especially interesting if they go up against the Seahawks even if they win in Seattle on Christmas Eve.  Remember the Rams had beaten the Pats on the road in 2001, but got revenge in the Super Bowl.

Ahhhh, now we got General Public "Tenderness" for the bonus track.  Whatever happened to Dave Wakeling?  He should still be singing stuff.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2005, 11:20:18 AM »
Ahhhh, now we got General Public "Tenderness" for the bonus track.  Whatever happened to Dave Wakeling?  He should still be singing stuff.

another Bonus that woulda got a BOS from me. GP's comeback in the early '90s was short-lived. Dunno what's up with Mr W now.

And here's more BOC -- don't usually hear them twice in an hour.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Housekeeping
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 04:15:09 PM »
12/05/05 - Monday!  Sounds like...1984!!

Tones On Tail - Go
Romantics - Talking in Your Sleep
Romeo Void - A Girl in Trouble
Blue Oyster Cult - Shooting Shark
Yes - Leave it
Thomas Dolby - Hyperactive
U2 - A Sort of Homecoming
Joe Jackson - Be My Number Two (B-O-S!!)
Icicle Works - Whisper to a Scream
Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days
BONUS TRACK:  General Public - Tenderness
Let's get right to it.