Author Topic: Good News  (Read 7579 times)

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Good News
« on: February 02, 2005, 01:29:23 PM »
This topic is for exactly that: news that makes you feel good. Stories that have a happy ending. Events that make you think: "Hey, maybe there is justice in this world!"

Like this for instance- say you're an actor/model and you posed for a pic back in 1986, made about $250, and then went on your way until eventually you give up your dream of being a star and got a teaching job.

Now imagine that the photo you took back in '86 had actually been used by a company but you didn't get paid for it. You didn't even know about it until a few years ago when you actually see your damn pic on the product.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/02/02/MNGNRB49KK1.DTL
nakes? On my plane?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Good News
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 01:53:17 PM »
That is such a great story.

Didja know a very young Nick Nolte was pictured on the box of Clairol Summer Blond hair color?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Good News
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 02:58:14 PM »
that is a really great story.

speaking of celebs doing ads when they were younger: Remember back in the early 80's during The Cola Wars, when Burger King made a big marketing deal of teaming up with Pepsi?  They had an ad with a Burger King girl sitting next to a young fella in a Pepsi delivery guy's uniform, & she's saying how this is a match made in heaven.

Both boy & girl went on to be movie stars, she was even oscar nominated, and he's been in some big blockbusters.

Any ideas?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Good News
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 03:08:09 PM »
I saw this story on the news last night. TOTALLY great that the guy gets 15M for this. I just hope he can collect a decent percentage of it--the Channel 5 story made it sound like Nestle was going to appeal, and they've got enough $ behind them that they could draw it out a very long (and very expensive) time.

If I were him and they offered me 50 cents on the dollar, I'd take it and run. Or 40 cents and they cover all the legal fees.
Let's get right to it.

Anonymous

Good News
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 03:24:31 PM »
that's just swell.