Author Topic: Post-10@10: what are you listening to instead?  (Read 3267 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Post-10@10: what are you listening to instead?
« on: April 01, 2016, 10:32:03 AM »
Thought I'd give the Sound's version a try today, but it's pretty much as I remember it. Lots of obvious songs and nothing too deep.

Will probably be spending more time at WTF going forward. Hey, I've never really listened to whatever they program in the 1pm (ET) slot.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Post-10@10: what are you listening to instead?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 10:55:44 AM »
Thought I'd give the Sound's version a try today, but it's pretty much as I remember it. Lots of obvious songs and nothing too deep.

Will probably be spending more time at WTF going forward. Hey, I've never really listened to whatever they program in the 1pm (ET) slot.

Yeah, the Sound (like the Drive and most of the other 10@10/9@9s)  is beholden to a computerized playlist -- they rarely stray.  I tend to have KCSM as my early-morning fallback position, unless something good is on KPOO (like JJ or the Thurs morning oldies dude).  From 11-3 I listen to WLNG, the greatest mom & pop "oldies" station in the world; my friend Brian Bannon is the deejay those hours and he really does pull some rarities out of the fire. Today, his annual April Fool's tradition: charted hits by comedians not known as singers (Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin being the obvious examples, but he'll come up with some oddball stuff, guaranteed.)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: Post-10@10: what are you listening to instead?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »

Yeah, the Sound (like the Drive and most of the other 10@10/9@9s)  is beholden to a computerized playlist -- they rarely stray.  I tend to have KCSM as my early-morning fallback position, unless something good is on KPOO (like JJ or the Thurs morning oldies dude).  From 11-3 I listen to WLNG, the greatest mom & pop "oldies" station in the world; my friend Brian Bannon is the deejay those hours and he really does pull some rarities out of the fire. Today, his annual April Fool's tradition: charted hits by comedians not known as singers (Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin being the obvious examples, but he'll come up with some oddball stuff, guaranteed.)
By the time I got upstairs for breakfast, Martha had already given up on the morning KFOG, and we listened also to KCSM.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!