Author Topic: 17 Feb 2016: it's... 1972!  (Read 14907 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Feb 2016: it's... 1972!
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »
Play it Again Sam Woody and Diane --> "Heart of Gold". Closest to an egregious FF, but I'm not complaining.

Only two previous appearances.

That's astounding. Not an FF so much as an LN, since it's certainly a song I've heard a billion times.

I would have thought you'd lament Argent as a FF/LN. 

But there *is* a lot of other NY to play (even just off of Harvest), so maybe it is more egregious.  Anyone know of another Argent song worthy of a bustout?
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 04:05:03 PM »
Play it Again Sam Woody and Diane --> "Heart of Gold". Closest to an egregious FF, but I'm not complaining.

That's astounding. Not an FF so much as an LN, since it's certainly a song I've heard a billion times.

But there *is* a lot of other NY to play (even just off of Harvest), so maybe it is more egregious.  Anyone know of another Argent song worthy of a bustout?

I don't think we've ever heard "God Gave Rock'n'Roll To You" but I could be wrong. Or their orig version of "Liar"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 10:17:19 PM »

I don't think we've ever heard "God Gave Rock'n'Roll To You" but I could be wrong. Or their orig version of "Liar"

No, as far as 10@10 is concerned, Argent is a one-hit wonder.

WRT to Heart of Gold, there are some popular songs that have never appeared until
the modern era, if at all.  Dave either retired them before recorded history, or avoided them
because they were so popular.
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 09:45:45 AM »

I could swear we'd heard it once, but could be a case of having heard it on the Boulder or Chicago 10@10 at some time back when.
Let's get right to it.