Author Topic: Music on TV  (Read 228480 times)

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
Re: Music on TV
« Reply #765 on: August 03, 2011, 10:39:39 PM »
Those with VH1 Classic. They are showing the 1st ever hour of MTV (commercials and technical difficulties included). It will be repeated at 5 AM, 10 AM and 6 PM.

You're back -- we've wondered why you haven't posted lately; we're curious what you (as one of our younger members) think of the changes at KFOG.

I've been around lurking. I just had nothing to post about. And if you consider someone who is close to his mid-40s a younger member sure. I haven't really listened to KFOG a lot (been listening to KUFX "KFOX") so I don't notice a huge change. What I have been listening to is fine.

and here we were thinking you were, like, 32!

Damn, he stole the mantle of young guy around here from me (41 in < 2 weeks, gah!)

SFGuy

« Reply #766 on: August 04, 2011, 02:37:01 AM »
Those with VH1 Classic. They are showing the 1st ever hour of MTV (commercials and technical difficulties included). It will be repeated at 5 AM, 10 AM and 6 PM.

You're back -- we've wondered why you haven't posted lately; we're curious what you (as one of our younger members) think of the changes at KFOG.

I've been around lurking. I just had nothing to post about. And if you consider someone who is close to his mid-40s a younger member sure. I haven't really listened to KFOG a lot (been listening to KUFX "KFOX") so I don't notice a huge change. What I have been listening to is fine.

Damn, he stole the mantle of young guy around here from me (41 in < 2 weeks, gah!)

I turned 43 back in March. The way Mike was putting it, it seemed like he thought I was in my early 20's or something.

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 04, 2011, 10:35:07 AM »

I turned 43 back in March. The way Mike was putting it, it seemed like he thought I was in my early 20's or something.

Ah, so I'm still the young'un around these parts.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 04, 2011, 10:36:18 PM »

Gaz is still in his 30s, innie? And how old is Radicalnumbers?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 05, 2011, 07:29:42 AM »

Gaz turns 40 in December; Rad is definitely the youngster in the bunch.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #770 on: August 05, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »

You guys need to recruit some younguns!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 05, 2011, 11:50:54 AM »
More PBS pledge-month goodies: Babs unplugged and the history of Folk:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/05/DD3N1KENNB.DTL

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 06, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »

Saw the Streisand thing earlier tonite on KQED and KRCB is showing the "Legends of Folk" right now. Great stuff.  Judy Collins doing "My Father" -- swoon!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:41:50 PM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 10, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »
TANC: just after I wondered about what happened to that new Cars album... here they are performing on Colbert.  Rick O is old. But Paulina looks fabulous.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 10, 2011, 08:19:35 PM »

R. # = 28

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 16, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »
Tonight 9:00 to 10:30pm on KQED-9 an encore showing of Legends of Folk: The Village Scene.
The folk movement in 1960s Greenwich Village; host Paul Stookey. Performers include Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, Peter, Paul & Mary, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Richie Havens, Lovin' Spoonful.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #776 on: August 16, 2011, 09:28:08 PM »
Tonight 9:00 to 10:30pm on KQED-9 an encore showing of Legends of Folk: The Village Scene.
The folk movement in 1960s Greenwich Village; host Paul Stookey. Performers include Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, Peter, Paul & Mary, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Richie Havens, Lovin' Spoonful.

I love Phil Ochs, but have you noticed how depressed the young folk in the audience look?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 27, 2011, 12:02:49 PM »

Indeed.  And the Princess is second.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 28, 2011, 11:51:56 AM »
Sunday morning surprise: stumbled across a Robyn Hitchcock docu on Sundance Channel.

OMG: special guest appearance by John Paul Jones!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:57:12 AM by RGMike »

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 28, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »
Sunday morning surprise: stumbled across a Robyn Hitchcock docu on Sundance Channel.

OMG: special guest appearance by John Paul Jones!

i've seen that.  a must-see for RH fans, natch.  Doesn't Peter Buck come off as a bit of a downer?  Nick Lowe also shows up at RH's house party.
~CPL593H~