Author Topic: Music on TV  (Read 228314 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Music on TV
« Reply #735 on: April 09, 2011, 07:02:58 PM »
Hagar/Satriani doing the Anthem for the Giants bling ceremony. Hey, better than Train.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #736 on: April 09, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
Hagar/Satriani doing the Anthem for the Giants bling ceremony. Hey, better than Train.
not much.  Satriani was great, Hagar was embarassing.  Forgot words, acted like it's a big joke
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 09, 2011, 08:53:09 PM »
not much.  Satriani was great, Hagar was embarassing.  Forgot words, acted like it's a big joke

Sammy's a Repugnican, so he's allowed to screw up the anthem. It's only when lefties like Roseanne make jokes that right-wingers go ballistic.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 25, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »

Sammy's a Repugnican, so he's allowed to screw up the anthem. It's only when lefties like Roseanne make jokes that right-wingers go ballistic.

And speaking of the anthem, The LA Kngs have had Davis Gaines doing the anthem during the playoffs -- very histrionic (as befits a guy who played the title role in Phantom of the Opera for years) and over-the-top.  But he seems to be wearing a wedding ring on his "gay" hand. Hrm.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #739 on: April 25, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »

And speaking of the anthem, The LA Kngs have had Davis Gaines doing the anthem during the playoffs -- very histrionic (as befits a guy who played the title role in Phantom of the Opera for years) and over-the-top.  But he seems to be wearing a wedding ring on his "gay" hand. Hrm.
Now there's a 'gay hand?'
 :D ;D ;)
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 11, 2011, 08:54:30 AM »
Keef is on Jimmy Fallon tonite -- apparently it's "Bob Marley Tribute WeeK" on the show...

http://www.examiner.com/rolling-stones-in-national/keith-richards-set-for-jimmy-fallon-interview-during-bob-marley-tribute-week

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 15, 2011, 07:04:27 PM »
Stick a fork in em: Airborne Toxic Event perform on the season finale of Gossip Girl. Oh yeah, guys, that's some cutting edge shit there.  ::)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 15, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »
Lord knows I don't often find Family Guy funny, but their salute to Jagger/Bowie "Dancing in the Street" as "gayest music video of all time" tonite was pretty dead-on. They played nearly the whole damn clip!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 05, 2011, 09:08:45 PM »
PBS's latest pledge-month compilation special: "Opry Favorites" featuring truly fab clips of country greats. Tammy W doing "Stand By Your Man", followed by her ex George Jones doing the awesome "The Grand Tour".

OMG! Mr Cash with "Ring Of Fire". And the Statler Bros with "Flowers on the Wall"! somebody call Annalisa!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:11:05 PM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 09, 2011, 11:59:22 AM »
Another PBS pledge special making the rounds: they're showing the original CBS special "Simon & Garfunkel: America" from 1969.  Amazing and worth a look if you've never seen it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 11, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »
Another PBS pledge special making the rounds: they're showing the original CBS special "Simon & Garfunkel: Songs of America" from 1969.  Amazing and worth a look if you've never seen it.

And lo, Channel 9 is showing it tonite at 9:00.  Can't wait.

ETA: wow, this thing is amazing. I remember watching it in '69 but it hasn't been shown since. Astounding that it ever got shown on network TV at all.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:23:49 PM by RGMike »

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 11, 2011, 11:51:03 PM »
Another PBS pledge special making the rounds: they're showing the original CBS special "Simon & Garfunkel: Songs of America" from 1969.  Amazing and worth a look if you've never seen it.

And lo, Channel 9 is showing it tonite at 9:00.  Can't wait.

ETA: wow, this thing is amazing. I remember watching it in '69 but it hasn't been shown since. Astounding that it ever got shown on network TV at all.

I missed the first half hour, but it's really pretty cool.  And it was directed by Charles Grodin..???
~CPL593H~

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 12, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »
Neil Patrick Harris doing a hilarious opening of the Tony Awards entitled "Broadway isn't just for Gays anymore!" 
OMG
AWESOME

Look for it on the YouTube!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:30:39 PM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 12, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »
Niel Patrick Harris doing a hilarious opening of the Tony Awards entitled "Broadway isn't just for Gays anymore!" 
OMG
AWESOME

that was just fucking genius. NPH is God. And whoever wrote the song deserves MAJOR kudos. Did they bleep something that Bobby Cannevale said/did? Seemed like it.

And Harry Potter can sing... but WTF was that accent he was doing?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 12, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
Niel Patrick Harris doing a hilarious opening of the Tony Awards entitled "Broadway isn't just for Gays anymore!" 
OMG
AWESOME

that was just fucking genius. NPH is God.

OTOH: NPH as host... followed by NPH in a promo for "How I Met Your Mother"... followed by NPH in an Xfinity commercial... is overdoing it.  And Chrsitie Brinkley doing the intro for the "Company" number -- yeesh. Fingernails on a blackboard.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:27:29 PM by RGMike »