Author Topic: 20 May 2014: it's... 1976!  (Read 6952 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: 20 May 2014: it's... 1976!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2014, 01:10:12 PM »
BOS5 Ramones "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend". This set has taken a turn for the better.

BOS.

This and the Blondie track reminds me of the CBGB movie that came out last year, and I saw over the weekend on cable.  Pretty awful film, actually, saved somewhat by the great Alan Rickman and the music/subject matter.  Can't recommend it, but I didn't change the channel.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 01:14:12 PM »
Rocky ---> Robert Palmer "Man Smart, Woman Smarter"
weird; GS posted it as Grateful Dead, which would be wonderful, but they'd never play a live cut, right?  I assume it must've been Robert Palmer.

was it actually in the Dead's live repertoire at the time?  I still have the Palmer 45
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
weird; GS posted it as Grateful Dead, which would be wonderful, but they'd never play a live cut, right?  I assume it must've been Robert Palmer.

Yes, it was Robert Palmer.
Tuned to a natural E

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »

was it actually in the Dead's live repertoire at the time?  I still have the Palmer 45

Yeah, I haven't read thru their discourse but there was some confusion over on the GS board. I think the Dead started doing Man Smart some time in the early/mid 80s. And I don't think it was ever released officially, save for one of the numerous archival sets that have come out over the years.
Let's get right to it.