Author Topic: Friday 7/29/05 --- OMG, it's 1965!!!  (Read 13486 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Friday 7/29/05 --- OMG, it's 1965!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2005, 08:48:13 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
I taped the '85 set last night & will certainly tape this one.  But my system is very MOR if any of you are true audiophiles.

I'll trust you to tape Mshray. I was taping on cassette and I don't have any.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2005, 09:58:46 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Quote from: "mshray"
I taped the '85 set last night & will certainly tape this one.  But my system is very MOR if any of you are true audiophiles.

I'll trust you to tape Mshray. I was taping on cassette and I don't have any.

I'll roll tape in a minute or so, as soon as Natalie Merchant shuts up.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2005, 09:20:54 AM »
My only comment on the replay this a.m.:

HOW GOOD A DAMN SONG is "Make It Easy On Yourself"?  I've been told many, many times -- including Dave's suggestion in this set -- that Scott Walker is the master of pathos in rock.  My god, the walls of melodrama have never been scaled so high as Scott and company did on "Make It Easy On Yourself."  Only Gene Pitney ever came legitimately close.  Maybe R. Kelly's almost been up there at times.  But the Walker Brothers RULE on this song.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
the walls of Pathos!
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2005, 09:34:22 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
My only comment on the replay this a.m.:

HOW GOOD A DAMN SONG is "Make It Easy On Yourself"?  I've been told many, many times -- including Dave's suggestion in this set -- that Scott Walker is the master of pathos in rock.  My god, the walls of melodrama have never been scaled so high as Scott and company did on "Make It Easy On Yourself."  Only Gene Pitney ever came legitimately close.  Maybe R. Kelly's almost been up there at times.  But the Walker Brothers RULE on this song.

Good point, but not sure Walker trumps Pitney in that category, but there's something about Pitney's voice that's totally different, maybe requiring a different appelation than Pathos.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!