Author Topic: 6 October 2011: It's......... 1984!  (Read 12965 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 6 October 2011: It's......... 1984!
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2011, 06:28:17 PM »
I would have BOS'd a couple of the other songs had I tuned in sooner, but happy to save it for Tones On Tail.

hey shray!   good to see you again.  

(did you see my msg about Bob Mould at Slim's?)

about mourning Steve Jobs, many folks have fallen into the Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field, perhaps AL being one of them...
In accordance with Newton's Third Law (equal and opposite forces), I also am finding (especially here) an overreaction in the opposite direction to the deification perceived in the media.  There is a reality distortion field for those who think of Jobs only as a rich pushy guy.  

Don't take me too seriously here... Like I said, I'm a little pissed at apple and it's proprietary stranglehold on my wallet right now.  I have a higher opinion of Jobs than you might think.  But I'm certainly not personally, emotionally invested in the man himself, and try to steer clear of that kind of hero worship.
I have friends who have worked with him, and I don't hero worship him either.  I guess what I hold him up as is an example of the power of vision, and will.  What sets Apple apart in so many devices are the little things as well as the big ones, and I give Steve a lot of credit for that.  I was a little surprised at the media coverage yesterday afternoon, but what I think it all boils down to is that the iPod and iPhone have changed the modern world, and he's the most recognizable face one can connect with that way.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!