Author Topic: 26 Nov 2007--it's 1973!!  (Read 6560 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: sweet and delicate
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007, 10:58:41 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Don't Forget Jack Tempchin!  (see: Funky Kings)

from whom Johnny Rivers really did  "borrow" "Slow Dancin' (Swayin' to the Music)".  I remember playing the orig version on my college station, lamenting the fact that it didn't become a hit -- so I was thrilled when the Rivers version actually went somewhere.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
26 Nov 2007--it's 1973!!
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2007, 11:14:52 AM »
Powers-for-Annalisa gives us Stevie's "Golden Lady" as the bonus. Niiiiiice.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 11:15:55 AM »
Quote from: ggould

from whom Johnny Rivers really did  "borrow" "Slow Dancin' (Swayin' to the Music)".  I remember playing the orig version on my college station, lamenting the fact that it didn't become a hit -- so I was thrilled when the Rivers version actually went somewhere.
I just mentioned Jack Tempchin the other day re: Take It Easy.  He wrote Slow Dancin' which is on the historic Funky Kings album, which I can't find on CD.  I have the vinyl.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »

I just mentioned Jack Tempchin the other day re: Take It Easy.  He wrote Slow Dancin' which is on the historic Funky Kings album, which I can't find on CD.  I have the vinyl.

er, this is the same thread...

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »
Well, I'm guessing it's a combination of senility and confusion due to the interface.  I guess I always resented the Rivers version, as I really loved the Funky Kings version!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 26 Nov 2007--it's 1973!! (catching up)
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 10:08:13 PM »
11/26/2007 - Monday! Good stuff from...1973!!

1.  Allman Brothers - Jessica   
2.  Edgar Winter - Free Ride   
3.  Jackson Browne - Take it Easy   
4.  NYC - I'm Doin' Fine Now   
5.  Stories - Brother Louie   
6.  Strawbs - Part of the Union   
7.  Pink Floyd - Time   
8.  ELO - Showdown   
9.  Steely Dan - My Old School   
10.  Looking Glass - Jimmy Loves Mary Anne   

BONUS TRACK:  Stevie Wonder - Golden Lady
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 09:53:48 PM »
Well, I'm guessing it's a combination of senility and confusion due to the interface.  I guess I always resented the Rivers version, as I really loved the Funky Kings version!
Senility Strikes Again! ::)
Jack Tempchin wrote Peaceful Easy Feeling, not Take It Easy.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Jack Tempchin is an American musician and songwriter, best known for writing The Eagles' hit "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and co-writing their hit "Already Gone." He has also composed hits for Glenn Frey in his solo career, including "Smuggler's Blues" and "You Belong to the City."

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 11:52:44 AM »
Senility Strikes Again! ::)
Jack Tempchin wrote Peaceful Easy Feeling, not Take It Easy.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Jack Tempchin is an American musician and songwriter, best known for writing The Eagles' hit "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and co-writing their hit "Already Gone." He has also composed hits for Glenn Frey in his solo career, including "Smuggler's Blues" and "You Belong to the City."

TANC-of-the-Week: Someone (no idea who) is doing a country version of "Slow Dancin" on this classic country station in Dallas I've been listening to!