Author Topic: 5 Aug 2014: it's... 1970  (Read 8361 times)

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Aug 2014: it's... 1970
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »
Over the past few weeks I've been making notes and accumulating potential tracks... I can assemble a list of ten
artists who had releases in both 1970 and 1971 and create a set of bust-outs from the same ten artists for both
years.  Admittedly, some of these groups -- like Jethro Tull, Chicago, Paul McCartney, The Doors, Joni Mitchell -- are
a bit obscure...

Maybe this will do:

http://10at10club.com/forum/index.php?topic=9396.msg177890#msg177890
Tuned to a natural E

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Aug 2014: it's... 1970
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:03 PM »
Ah, 1970... another opportunity to be disappointed by 10@10.  Of late I've been largely
numbed into silence by the general mediocrity of the shows.  Yes, there have been bright
spots here and there, although far too few.

There's a joke about how convicts/prisoners of war/any group of men otherwise confined
have been together so long that they tell jokes by number only.  I feel that way regarding
our gripes about 10@10.   So in order to save myself a lot of typing...

[general complaint #1]
I don't disagree, tho' I've gotten several requests in the last month so I feel like maybe the new PD isn't as anal as DC was about going off the beaten path . But clearly AL is still required to play several big hits per set.

I don't do the MyFace thing, so I have no channel for requests.  But yeah, I've noticed that you
seem to have gotten some nods, and there has been a dribble of new material in general.  Of
course, it should be more than a dribble for the stronger years.  Your supposition about the new
PD is probably correct.

It might be more accurate to say that this is AL 3.0; AL 2.0 started in July 2011 with "the change."
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"