Author Topic: Hit Me Baby One More Time!  (Read 32494 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Animotion
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2005, 09:40:50 PM »
have no idea who they are, but they did this song Days Go By,
by Dirty Vegas.  I recognize the song, but not the name Dirty Vegas.  Did someone else do this that an  old fart would recognize?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
PM Dawn won
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2005, 10:12:03 PM »
this series: not with a bang but a whimper

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: PM Dawn won
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2005, 07:22:18 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
this series: not with a bang but a whimper

Yeah, and I guess there's no "finals" either.

No surprise that PM Dawn won, given the history of how the audience votes. I thought Ms. Newton was fine, and Animotion were surprisingly, er, animated. As to Missing Persons, Ms. Bozzio's ex-hubby was a missing person, no?

Chart trivia: even though Mr "dog-haired Toby jug" referred to their "3 chart toppers", none of the Missing Persons songs we think of as "hits" ever made the Top 40.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Hit Me Baby One More Time!
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2005, 09:17:18 AM »
Well, I finally saw this here show.

The host dude? Total dog-haired toby jug. I mean, seriously.

Dale Bozio kinda scared me. She became Truman Capote or something. Yikes. She looked scared to death, too.

Juice Newton turned into Reba McIntyre! She was pretty good.

Shannon kicked ass, too. I was a little scared when she "got down" during her first song. I wasn't sure she was getting up again. You go, Shannon!

Oh, yeah- PM Dawn. They were good.

I'd totally "do" the British hausfrau from Animotion. But, that's my obsession.....

I also like how they put all the young audience hotties in the front row.
nakes? On my plane?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2005, 09:21:31 AM »
Hey Beej -- your fave "new artist", Ben Catch-My-Disease Lee is playing after work at Market & Embarcadero (by the new hotel). I'm sure you'll be there!

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2005, 09:27:09 AM »
Hey Beej -- your fave "new artist", Ben Catch-My-Disease Lee is playing after work at Market & Embarcadero (by the new hotel). I'm sure you'll be there!

LOL! Riiight. Hey, I've got nothing against the guy. In fact- I seem to recall having one of those for-use-by-record-stores-only sampler of various artists (that you used to be able to get at used record tores, natch) a few years back that had something by Ben. It didn't suck. But, by the same token- he hasn't exactly inspired me to keep listening. Then he writes a catchy pop tune with a horrible chorus (at least lyrically).

I'd definitely be up for hearing something else off his new CD. But, not up enough to go down to the Embarcadero after work.

And that's the way I like it....
nakes? On my plane?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2005, 09:34:47 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Can't speak to his more recent output, but when Ben Lee was an Australian rock & roll prodigy a few years back (when he was in Noise Addict) they put out a pretty great album. I've seen him open a show or two since then and haven't been repulsed, so he might actually be worth checking out. At least the price is right.  :wink:
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2005, 09:49:40 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "RGMike"

Can't speak to his more recent output, but when Ben Lee was an Australian rock & roll prodigy a few years back (when he was in Noise Addict) they put out a pretty great album. I've seen him open a show or two since then and haven't been repulsed, so he might actually be worth checking out. At least the price is right.  :wink:

And heeeeere he is!  His head is "a box full o' nothin'", he sez. It's all that beer & Coca-Cola...

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
reruns on Bravo
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2005, 06:06:20 PM »
just stumbled across the beginning of this last week's ep.  The one before was the prior hour.