Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

Fantasy 10@10s

<< < (2/4) > >>

Big Fingers McGee:

--- Quote from: dischead on January 09, 2014, 10:16:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Big Fingers McGee on January 08, 2014, 08:33:43 PM ---Idea for a 10@10 that would be interesting:

Ten Great Songs, One Great Name!

"I Want You" I think would be a possibility.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean ten different songs with the same title, or ten covers of the same song?

I know of only three songs that have "I Want You" in the title.  I think ten covers of the same
song (Willie & The Hand Jive, Louie Louie, Johnny B. Goode?) would be a funny April Fool's set.

--- End quote ---

The general idea is ten different songs with the same title.

If there is a cover version that is significantly different than the original, I would consider it. An example of what would not be acceptable would be playing both the Wings and Semisonic versions of "Jet".

Lightnin' Rod:
One of my favorite song categories is songs about being a rock star, or, in the case of Eddie Money, wanting to be a rock star.  They aren't usually great songs, but they do have a twisted authenticity to them -- after all, you should write about what you know.

CapnJack:

--- Quote from: CapnJack on January 09, 2014, 11:52:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Big Fingers McGee on January 08, 2014, 08:33:43 PM ---Idea for a 10@10 that would be interesting:

Ten Great Songs, One Great Name!

"I Want You" I think would be a possibility.

--- End quote ---

I may have this ready and up by Friday or Monday...

--- End quote ---

It's up now:

https://soundcloud.com/capnjack-1/121-10-10-i-want-you

dischead:
A small selection of some of my ideas for fantasy 10@10 theme sets... not all of them have been
filled out with ten songs.

prog rock:  ELP, Yes, Gentle Giant, (early) Genesis, King Crimson, Curved Air...

jazz fusion:  Miles Davis, Weather Report, Jeff Beck, John McLaughlin, Billy Cobham, Chic Corea...

songs that prominently feature a particular instrument in the melody, bridge, solo, etc.
pop flute (easy)
pop oboe (moderately difficult)
pop french horn (hard)

goofy dance music:  Walk Like An Egyptian, Rico Suave, I'm Too Sexy, Macarena, Mambo No. 5...

Gil Scott-Heron tribute:  musician, poet, visionary

pot - Rita Marley's "One Draw"... I thought of good clip for this one, but then I forgot what it was...

CapnJack:

--- Quote from: dischead on January 22, 2014, 06:03:16 PM ---songs that prominently feature a particular instrument in the melody, bridge, solo, etc.
pop french horn (hard)

--- End quote ---

I just compiled a set of ten songs in my head -- I'll probably have this done sometime tomorrow,
unless I come  up with some other numbers to chose from.  Wonder how this one will turn out...

"Ten great songs, one great instrument!"  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version