Author Topic: Week of Sept 5-9  (Read 13625 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Week of Sept 5-9
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2005, 01:54:32 PM »
Quote from: "Gaz at da Voice"
Quote from: "RGMike"

What no Cher??? a pox on both your houses!

Altho' some might say Cher is one of their favorite drag queen voices...

Cher's among my favorite personalities, but certainly not one of my favorite voices.  I've grown to appreciate her brazen imprecision, but often she succeeds in spite of herself.  (Her read of "Strong Enough" was perfect, though, and I wish she would have duetted with Paul Stanley while in her "metal babe" persona.)

So let's see your list, Mike!  And any other takers!

I'll work more on this tonite but I'm surprised Annie Lennox is not on either list. Or Ree-Ree. They'd be on mine along with that Amelia Ray chick. :wink:

Meanwhile, Greg closes out CGSS with two faves: "A-E-I-O-U" by Freez, and InDeep's "Last Nite a DJ Saved My Life". And away. Goes. Trouble. Down the Drain!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Week of Sept 5-9
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2005, 08:19:48 PM »
I'll work more on this tonite but I'm surprised Annie Lennox is not on either list. Or Ree-Ree. They'd be on mine along with that Amelia Ray chick. :wink:

Aretha - unintentional omission, seems I'm taking the Queen of Soul for granted.  She'd go in around #6 or 7, I s'pose.

Annie - Not much further down the list, she'd be.  But for every one of her elegant moments ("Why," "There Must Be an Angel," the entire Bare album) she does something that to me is overly precious, overly mannered, overly art-conscious.  Hence "Walking on Broken Glass" and "Beethoven" lessening her overall impact on me (though the Beethoven thing would make for a GREAT drag-queen number).
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Week of Sept 5-9
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 02:33:06 PM »
Quote from: "Gaz at da Voice"

What no Cher??? a pox on both your houses!

Altho' some might say Cher is one of their favorite drag queen voices...

Cher's among my favorite personalities, but certainly not one of my favorite voices.  I've grown to appreciate her brazen imprecision, but often she succeeds in spite of herself.  (Her read of "Strong Enough" was perfect, though, and I wish she would have duetted with Paul Stanley while in her "metal babe" persona.)

So let's see your list, Mike!  And any other takers!

Meanwhile, Greg closes out CGSS with two faves: "A-E-I-O-U" by Freez, and InDeep's "Last Nite a DJ Saved My Life". And away. Goes. Trouble. Down the Drain!

wink, indeed! you're sweet. :)

aretha - intentional omission. everyone knows she can saaaaaang!

annie would be somewhere on the list, but maybe not before anyone already listed. althought "cold" does make me shiver.

i forgot to include bjork.