Author Topic: Week of 8/29 - 9/2  (Read 13314 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 11:11:33 AM »
woo hooo Disco baby!

One Two Three...Shake your body down.....

whistle blowing in the background

I'm happy :lol:
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 11:13:56 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
woo hooo Disco baby!

One Two Three...Shake your body down.....

whistle blowing in the background

I'm happy :lol:

be right there, baby!

(I was waiting for the "bonus track", but it's "Congo Square" and baby I don't care.)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 11:46:35 AM »
She's fresh. Fresh and lovely.

Shouldn't share but must...
Last night watching USA Network and commercials back to back were Vagisil and Prep. H. I could have done without those.

This song reminded me.

aaarghhh Greg. Into Push, push in the bush. Are you ready? Do you like it like this?
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 11:50:05 AM »

Last night watching USA Network and commercials back to back were Vagisil and Prep. H. I could have done without those.

This song reminded me.

did they use that song for Vagisil? Yikes. I'd've picked "Love is like an Itching in my Heart" LOL!

and as if on cue: "Push Push in the Bush"!!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 11:51:36 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

This song reminded me.

did they use that song for Vagisil? Yikes. I'd've picked "Love is like an Itching in my Heart" LOL!

and as if on cue: "Push Push in the Bush"!!

JINX!
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2005, 12:47:36 PM »
CGSS Nugget o' the Day (so far): Candi Staton's cover of "Suspicious Minds".

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 01:37:58 PM »
Teddy for Ali!  "Don't Leave Me This Way" for the 2nd time this week.  

And the Chi-Lites "Power to the People" was great to hear. I truly believe the perceived lack-of-response, re: Katrina is going to wake a lot of folks up (as in, "We're spending billions to rebuild Iraq but New Orleans has to beg for help?").  Not to mention the affect it may have on the economy. If the Dems don't make MAJOR gains in Congress next year, I'll be very surprised.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 02:38:05 PM »
OMGWTF!  WLNG Nugget o' the Day: "Love Makes a Woman", Barbara Acklin.  Fab. Yoo. Luss.

and another: "In a Moment", the Intrigues -- probably haven't heard that since '69.

and now: good gawd, the Happenings doing "Mammy" --what on earth were they THINKING? (It was their follow-up to "I Got Rhythm".)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 02:47:40 PM »

And the Chi-Lites "Power to the People" was great to hear. I truly believe the perceived lack-of-response, re: Katrina is going to wake a lot of folks up (as in, "We're spending billions to rebuild Iraq but New Orleans has to beg for help?").  Not to mention the affect it may have on the economy. If the Dems don't make MAJOR gains in Congress next year, I'll be very surprised.

I hope this leads to the end of the Bush era. He's just not managing well.

The time is always right for Teddy.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2005, 03:01:46 PM »

I hope this leads to the end of the Bush era. He's just not managing well.

The time is always right for Teddy.

Between the way the war in Iraq is getting more and more out of hand, the rapidly escalating price of energy (gas prices have more than doubled since this term began), and now the terrible mismanagement of the government's response to the Katrina disaster, I think we'll see a marked increase in dissatisfaction with Bush in the coming months, and hopefully in other areas besides California and the Northeast. Don't know if we can count on a movement to impeach, but we can always hope.

Of course, if he's impeached then we get Cheney. Not good, very very not good. Maybe I'd rather Bush stay in the hot seat and end his term as a disgraced president, and get soundly thumped in 2008.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Week of 8/29 - 9/2
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 08:36:53 PM »
Dang, 2008!? Too long but Cheney is not the best alternative.
From MSN:

The French daily Liberation described the scenes of devastation as a cruel spectacle for President Bush, “the champion of security.” Criticizing the disorder in the evacuation of hospitals, the editorial called Hurricane Katrina a “natural disaster with political implications.” Terror mastermind Osama bin Laden “must be dying of laughter,” it said.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Bush in jail?
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 10:28:56 PM »
From MSN:

The French daily Liberation described the scenes of devastation as a cruel spectacle for President Bush, “the champion of security.” Criticizing the disorder in the evacuation of hospitals, the editorial called Hurricane Katrina a “natural disaster with political implications.” Terror mastermind Osama bin Laden “must be dying of laughter,” it said.

I think the dismantling of FEMA is a criminal act, a subversion of the real values the American government is supposed to stand for.  When Bush said "The Federal Government has a role to play" in relief efforts, I just about flipped out.  A role?  Like some bit player?  This was a fuckin' disaster of biblical proportions that wiped out part of our nation!  Today the National Guard finally shows up; what a crock of shit.  Bush and his cronies should be in prison, for their traitorous attempts to destroy the Federal Government, and replace it with his cronies in the "private sector.'

[Geoff exhales, and gets down off of soapbox]
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Bush in jail?
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2005, 10:57:34 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
From MSN:

I think the dismantling of FEMA is a criminal act, a subversion of the real values the American government is supposed to stand for.  When Bush said "The Federal Government has a role to play" in relief efforts, I just about flipped out.  A role?  Like some bit player?  This was a fuckin' disaster of biblical proportions that wiped out part of our nation!  Today the National Guard finally shows up; what a crock of shit.  Bush and his cronies should be in prison, for their traitorous attempts to destroy the Federal Government, and replace it with his cronies in the "private sector.'

Well put, sir!  Don't EVER come down off that soapbox!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2005, 11:30:03 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
From MSN:

Well put, sir!  Don't EVER come down off that soapbox!

What he said.

And what Geoff said too. Every day I am more taken aghast, both at the increasingly dire implications this disaster has for so many aspect of our country (like, what happens to the banks when pretty much EVERYONE in NoLA that has some kind of mortgage or business loan on a house or or business--all of which no longer exist--start defaulting on their payments, which I can pretty much guarantee will happen. I expect our economy is going to be wrecked once again, perhaps far beyond what 9/11 did four years ago). And I am also aghast at the complete mismanagement of the entire relief effort by the president and  the government agencies that once upon a time existed to do just that. That it took FOUR DAYS to get the National Guard in there is just obscene. When Camille happened 35 odd years ago, Nixon mobilized an Army battalion and they were on scene in under 48 hours. If that had happened here, I don't think nearly as many people would be screaming as they now are, justifiably.

Maybe this is worthy of impeachment, not just of Bush, but his entire administration.

Got room for me up there on that soapbox, Geoff?
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2005, 11:07:13 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Got room for me up there on that soapbox, Geoff?

Well, I had a faint hope that Rehnquist would outlive the reign of W, but now it looks like Georgie and the neocons will scar our judicial system for an even longer stretch.  Even if this country wakes up in 2006 and throws the Republicans out of power and impeaches Bush, the Supreme Court looks to be stacked pretty right-wing for a long time to come.  We must pray for the good health of the remaining liberal justices on the court, to survive long enough until the Calvary (an awakened electorate) can get here and help us!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!