Author Topic: 26 Oct 2012: it's... a baseball/WS set? Nope, 1985  (Read 6894 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 26 Oct 2012: it's... a baseball/WS set? Nope, 1985
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 10:49:27 AM »
Balsiness Award to Renee (ot DC or Icky) for playing "WATW" -- yeah is cheezy crapola personified but it's emblematic of '85 for sure.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 10:49:56 AM »
apparently Renee's FB thread on the KFOG page said '84 incorrectly and she's "doesn't feel like" editing it. 'Cause that's, like SOOO much work. Sheesh.

It probably took more keystrokes to write "I don't feel like it" than to click the edit button and change the 4 to a 5...  ::)

Things like this really annoy me.  If she misspelled a word then that would be one thing, but the year is a kind of extremely important part of 10@10.  I just posted a semi-rant. 

LMAO.  KFOG Radio just replied saying "Are you for real?  People are starving in Africa."  Then she apparently deleted the post and re-did it with the correct year.  LOL.  Well, I have to at least give her credit for that.
Which KFOG page is this? I can't seem to find it.

It was KFOG Radio, but she just deleted the entire thread.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 10:50:37 AM »
LMAO.  KFOG Radio just replied saying "Are you for real?  People are starving in Africa."

THAT is frickin' funny.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 10:50:53 AM »
Balsiness Award to Renee (ot DC or Icky) for playing "WATW" -- yeah is cheezy crapola personified but it's emblematic of '85 for sure.

Indeed...and it doesn't get much airplay anymore, anywhere.

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »
apparently Renee's FB thread on the KFOG page said '84 incorrectly and she's "doesn't feel like" editing it. 'Cause that's, like SOOO much work. Sheesh.

It probably took more keystrokes to write "I don't feel like it" than to click the edit button and change the 4 to a 5...  ::)

Things like this really annoy me.  If she misspelled a word then that would be one thing, but the year is a kind of extremely important part of 10@10.  I just posted a semi-rant. 

LMAO.  KFOG Radio just replied saying "Are you for real?  People are starving in Africa."  Then she apparently deleted the post and re-did it with the correct year.  LOL.  Well, I have to at least give her credit for that.
Which KFOG page is this? I can't seem to find it.

It was KFOG Radio, but she just deleted the entire thread.
Ahh yes. I see it now. Only two comments...
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 10:58:44 AM »

Things like this really annoy me.  If she misspelled a word then that would be one thing, but the year is a kind of extremely important part of 10@10.  I just posted a semi-rant saying that the year is the most important part of 10@10, KFOG's signature show, and such an easily correctible typo can make a huge difference for the integrity of the show. 

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 10:59:35 AM »
LMAO.  KFOG Radio just replied saying "Are you for real?  People are starving in Africa."

Yes rad, how dare you be concerned with these pesky 'facts'.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:08:27 AM by Big Fingers McGee »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 02:14:36 PM »
1. Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
2. John Fogerty - Centerfield
(Movie: After Hours --- apparently in its entirety)
3. Aha - Take On Me
4. Dire Straits - So Far Away
5. Bryan Ferry - Slave to Love
6. UB40 - Don't Break My Heart
(News: Tammy Fay Baker cries for AIDS patients; a flood of makeup fills the PTL Club studios)
7. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
8. INXS - Listen Like Theives
(New Coke sucked, but get real ... nothing's as bad as Pepsi. Except maybe Mountain Dew)
9. Big Audio Dynamite - E=MC2
(Africans are hungry and rock stars come together as one)
10. USA for Africa - We Are The World
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »

Things like this really annoy me.  If she misspelled a word then that would be one thing, but the year is a kind of extremely important part of 10@10.  I just posted a semi-rant saying that the year is the most important part of 10@10, KFOG's signature show, and such an easily correctible typo can make a huge difference for the integrity of the show. 

Bad form to come out and admit you don't "feel like" correcting a bad mistake, but I don't think you can edit a post like you can edit a comment.  What she did - delete the erroneous post -- is the only way to do it, from what I can tell.

She needs to channel more professionalism and "geeky über radio nerd" if she wants to win us.  She doesn't take this as seriously as she should.
~CPL593H~

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »

Bad form to come out and admit you don't "feel like" correcting a bad mistake, but I don't think you can edit a post like you can edit a comment.  What she did - delete the erroneous post -- is the only way to do it, from what I can tell.

She needs to channel more professionalism and "geeky über radio nerd" if she wants to win us.  She doesn't take this as seriously as she should.

You're very polite to put it that way, Cat.

The on-air presence and song selection are mediocre at best but not necessarily all the dj's doing. Social media is another story, however. Her brook-no-criticism defensiveness (the mildest possible term) is absolutely awful. Annalisa pulled many people in with her Facebook inclusiveness, which took a LOT of work on her part. Clearly her successor doesn't want to put in a fraction of that work, but it seems like a terrible waste to toss all of Annalisa's FB efforts overboard. What Dred Scott does with Connected seems like a good model for how to engage listeners via social media without burdening yourself with a ton of extra work, but the current 10@10 set-up falls well short of that modest standard. Maybe overall ratings aren't affected, so management doesn't care, but they should just scrap the weak thread out there right now.

Given the results so far, Constantine's "Montana-Young" line is a Romneyesque whopper. I do not use that adjective lightly. A more appropriate analogy is your favorite teacher has to move out of town midyear, and you get Cameron Diaz in Bad Teacher as her replacement.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 11:00:23 PM »

And how gracious to publicly belittle an obviously loyal listener.  Losers.
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »

And how gracious to publicly belittle an obviously loyal listener.  Losers.

I still think it's hilarious.  Lighten up, folks!   ::)

ETA:  And, to be clear, it's that she posted it during "We Are The World", which definitely is in the spirit of 10 @ 10 self referencing.  Give Renee some credit. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:31:28 PM by Lightnin' Rod »
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing