Author Topic: 11 April 2012: it's... 1971!  (Read 10916 times)

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: 11 April 2012: it's... 1971!
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »
Good post show song, "Once in a Lifetime".
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 10:58:54 AM »
So happy. Great set Must end KFOG player now.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »
Yeah but you know worse will follow. Bye for now KFOG.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »
‎04/11/12 - Wednesday! 1971
Movie: Dirty Harry – Inspector Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) – “Go ahead, make my day.”
1. Lighthouse – One Fine Morning
2. Chase: Get It On
(TV: The Electric Company - Bill Cosby and Rita Moreno “Hey You Guy...s!”
3. Badfinger – Day After Day
(Movie: Dirty Harry – Harry – “Go ahead, make my day.”)
4. Carole King – It’s Too Late
(Commercial: GAF View Master with Henry Fonda, Christopher Knight and Jodie Foster –“Gee. I always thought it was just a lot of fun.”)
5. Rod Stewart – Every Picture Tells A Story
6. Groove Me – King Floyd
7. Al Green – Tired of Being Alone
(TV: All In The Family – Meathead (Rob Reiner) and Archie (Carroll O’Connor) compete over who’s the sickest, "Stick that in your yap and clam up.")
8. The Bee Gees – How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?
(Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory – Willy (Gene Wilder) “We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams.”
9. Harry Nilsson – Think About Your Troubles
(Movie: Harold and Maude – Maude (Ruth Gordon) “Go team, go! Give me an L. Give me an I. Give me a V. Give me an E. L-I-V-E. LIVE!”)
10. Traffic – Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys.  (B.O.S.!)

NOTE: the Eastwood clip is indeed from the wrong movie (1983's Sudden Impact). Ooops.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:08:34 PM by Tinka Cat »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 11:17:03 AM »
Yeah but you know worse will follow. Bye for now KFOG.

sadly, you were correct.  I think it was Jsn Mrz that followed.
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 07:56:38 PM »
LN: Badfinger.
Do you hear this on the other stations?  I don't think I hear it on KFOG, the few times I listen.  When this was new, it was one of the most wonderful sounding things coming out of the radio, with George's guitar doing that classic swoop!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »
Do you hear this on the other stations?  I don't think I hear it on KFOG, the few times I listen.  When this was new, it was one of the most wonderful sounding things coming out of the radio, with George's guitar doing that classic swoop!

Yeah it's a wonderful record, but it's an across-the-board 10@10/"Classic Hits" staple.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 08:15:02 PM »

Yeah it's a wonderful record, but it's an across-the-board 10@10/"Classic Hits" staple.
I thought we had a name for songs that were only heard on 10@10.  Was that a Narada?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »

I thought we had a name for songs that were only heard on 10@10.  Was that a Narada?

Hee hee. A Narada is a song that gets 10@10 love but that you don't ever remember hearing on the radio back when it was new. Named for Narada Michael Walden's "I Should've Loved Ya", a Morey fave in 1980 sets. I should request that, actually -- AL hasn't played it afaik.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 09:33:58 PM »
Hee hee. A Narada is a song that gets 10@10 love but that you don't ever remember hearing on the radio back when it was new. Named for Narada Michael Walden's "I Should've Loved Ya", a Morey fave in 1980 sets. I should request that, actually -- AL hasn't played it afaik.
I was thinking of songs like "Worlds Away," which were played on the radio, but now only get played in a 10@10 context.  BTW, has AL played "Worlds Away?"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »
I was thinking of songs like "Worlds Away," which were played on the radio, but now only get played in a 10@10 context.  BTW, has AL played "Worlds Away?"

AL has played "Worlds Away" several times; just about a month ago, in fact.  And that one is a Narada for me, since it got zero airplay in NYC.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2012, 11:33:22 AM »
VHM Traffic, "Low Spark". This was quite a fine Moreyesque set, even without any bustouts.

I'm taking it this is the condensed version.
Didn't know there was one. BOS from me.

Seems to be full-length as near as I can tell.

I swear I've heard a version which for all intents and purposes eliminated the five minute instrumental bridge.

Listened to the replay last night. Definitely BOS of a strong bunch, and the perfect song for a trip on a humid night down I-280 20 years ago.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »
VHM Traffic, "Low Spark". This was quite a fine Moreyesque set, even without any bustouts.

I'm taking it this is the condensed version.
Didn't know there was one. BOS from me.

Seems to be full-length as near as I can tell.

I swear I've heard a version which for all intents and purposes eliminated the five minute instrumental bridge.

Listened to the replay last night. Definitely BOS of a strong bunch, and the perfect song for a trip on a humid night down I-280 20 years ago.

I'm pretty sure I've heard an edited version too, although AMG doesn't list one. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a radio-only edit running around, much like the various length edits of Thick As A Brick.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 10:19:43 PM »
AL has played "Worlds Away" several times; just about a month ago, in fact.  And that one is a Narada for me, since it got zero airplay in NYC.
Ah, that would explain our differing ideas of what Narada meant, since it was very significantly played on KFOG back when it was new.