Author Topic: The Rant & Vent about the Right Wing thread  (Read 239317 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Rant & Vent about the Right Wing thread
« Reply #645 on: March 31, 2010, 10:14:04 AM »
Now Palin is encouraging teabaggers to accost people with Obama stickers on their cars and ask them "How's that hopey-changey thing working out for ya?"  A whole lot better than that "war on terror/WMD" thing did, hon, that's for sure.

Is she trying to start fights? There's a lot of teabaggers that are going to get an earful, if they don't get their nose broken first.
Among the many things that bother me about that is her phrase "hopey-changey."  What is she, a fucking INFANT?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 31, 2010, 01:55:28 PM »

What is she, a fucking INFANT?

You almost make that sound like it's not a rhetorical question.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

SFGuy

« Reply #648 on: April 04, 2010, 09:47:22 PM »
Even though I hate Glenn Beck and Rush (both of them), I sometimes feel I don't belong here due to the love for Mark Morford, Keith Olbermann and others, whom I absolutely hate. I think everything they write and say is quite irritating.

On a side: I was watching McLaughlin Group and Pat Buchanan said the Iraq war was a failure (him and Eleanor Clift were on the same side for once) due to a number of things including the deaths of 100,000 Iraqis, although he was one of the few conservatives who was against the war from the beginning.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 05, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »
Even though I hate Glenn Beck and Rush (both of them), I sometimes feel I don't belong here due to the love for Mark Morford, Keith Olbermann and others, whom I absolutely hate. I think everything they write and say is quite irritating.

On a side: I was watching McLaughlin Group and Pat Buchanan said the Iraq war was a failure (him and Eleanor Clift were on the same side for once) due to a number of things including the deaths of 100,000 Iraqis, although he was one of the few conservatives who was against the war from the beginning.

FWIW, I can't read Mark's columns.  Sometimes I read the first few sentences and then I know the rest of it anyway.  I mean, Jesus with pink fur nipple clamps, he can be a one-note pony!!
~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 08, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
not precisely Right-wing, but I strongly encourage everyone to get behind the Boycott of Valero.  Reminds me of the kind of Texan shit we had to put up with from Enron 9 years ago.

Mike, if you haven't already, would you consider getting this on your Facebook?

"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 08, 2010, 09:39:40 PM »
not precisely Right-wing, but I strongly encourage everyone to get behind the Boycott of Valero.  Reminds me of the kind of Texan shit we had to put up with from Enron 9 years ago.

Done!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #652 on: April 09, 2010, 06:42:44 AM »

Done!

I FB'ed it on Monday, but it is already scrolled into history.  Seems like multiiple evil initiatives this time.  Mercury Insurance is sponsoring one about auto insurance, and some Howard Jarvis types are trying to pass another initiative bottleneck about a 2/3 majority needed for public power issues.  Ugh.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 21, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »
let's talk Rand Paul, shall we?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/05/21/2324667.aspx

and now he's defending BP... er, seriously?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/05/21/politics/p052550D75.DTL&tsp=1

I said this on FB but I'll repeat it here: Paul shines a light on the dark underbelly of libertarianism. A lot of lefties I know tend to give libertarians the benefit of the doubt ("hey, they're for keeping gov't out of the bedroom", etc). But Mr. Paul has painted himself into a nasty lilttle corner -- all on national TV.  Gonna be an interesting 6 months in Kentucky.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 22, 2010, 10:24:13 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/05/21/politics/p052550D75.DTL&tsp=1

I said this on FB but I'll repeat it here: Paul shines a light on the dark underbelly of libertarianism. A lot of lefties I know tend to give libertarians the benefit of the doubt ("hey, they're for keeping gov't out of the bedroom", etc). But Mr. Paul has painted himself into a nasty lilttle corner -- all on national TV.  Gonna be an interesting 6 months in Kentucky.

And our lovely Rachel nailed him!

SFGuy

« Reply #656 on: May 23, 2010, 01:24:54 AM »

And our lovely Rachel nailed him!

Rachel Maddow is the only lefty (actually either side) I respect because she's fair unlike any of the others. I'm a moderate (but would probably be considered right wing due to some of you being on the very liberal politically) and I tend to hate most of the MSNBC, CNN and FOX garbage.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 11, 2010, 09:06:29 AM »
Grr.  An old friend of mine from the college days - the only other guy who was out of the closet on campus - just posted the Facebook update that he and his partner, who have been foster parents for a few years, were just informed by their county that because of their orientation, they will no longer be considered for placement except in last-ditch cases.

Some days, I really despise people.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 11, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »
Grr.  An old friend of mine from the college days - the only other guy who was out of the closet on campus - just posted the Facebook update that he and his partner, who have been foster parents for a few years, were just informed by their county that because of their orientation, they will no longer be considered for placement except in last-ditch cases.

indeed. Where do they live?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 11, 2010, 10:04:51 AM »

indeed. Where do they live?

Cincinnati area.  ("Loveland," ironically enough.)