Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

The Rant & Vent about the Right Wing thread

<< < (2/179) > >>

ggould:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/05/208.html

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "ggould" ---
--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---
--- Quote from: "ggould" ---Gawd I wish I was taping the Daily Show last night!  They actually played the unedited version of the CNN feed, where Novak actually says "bullshit" not once, but twice!  The second time in split screen where Jon Stewart reacts in mock shock to what he's just heard.  Hopefully someone will find a clip somewhere of the incident, unedited.
--- End quote ---
last nite's DS is repeated tonite at 8pm.
--- End quote ---

They usually censor that kind of thing on the repeat, since it's in primetime.  I will be camping anyway, but I guess I'd suggest watching it for others.  It's right at the top of the show, so you don't have to wait too long.  But there was a hilarious Steven Colbert piece where he interviews the original Cooter guy, and some others about our favorite new movie, the DOH.
--- End quote ---

I'll be interested to see if they censor it -- the first broadcast isn't live anyway, it's taped at around 6 in the evening NY time. I didn't know Com Central differentiated between 11pm and 8pm.

ggould:

--- Quote from: "ggould" ---
--- Quote from: "ggould" ---Gawd I wish I was taping the Daily Show last night!  They actually played the unedited version of the CNN feed, where Novak actually says "bullshit" not once, but twice!  The second time in split screen where Jon Stewart reacts in mock shock to what he's just heard.  Hopefully someone will find a clip somewhere of the incident, unedited.
--- End quote ---
last nite's DS is repeated tonite at 8pm.
--- End quote ---
They usually censor that kind of thing on the repeat, since it's in primetime.  I will be camping anyway, but I guess I'd suggest watching it for others.  It's right at the top of the show, so you don't have to wait too long.  But there was a hilarious Steven Colbert piece where he interviews the original Cooter guy, and some others about our favorite new movie, the DOH.
--- End quote ---
I'll be interested to see if they censor it -- the first broadcast isn't live anyway, it's taped at around 6 in the evening NY time. I didn't know Com Central differentiated between 11pm and 8pm.
--- End quote ---

It's not that I thought the show was live, it's that they intentionally censor differently for the rebroadcast than for the first 11:00 PM broadcast.  I remember when they had the author of "On Bullshit" as the guest. Jon made a comment that if we were watching the rebroadcast, there would be a lot of bleeping.  They said 'bullshit' many, many times that night.

Lightnin' Rod:

--- End quote ---

I was watching last night too.  Hilarious show.  The Dukes of Hazard piece had me rolling on the floor...

princessofcairo:
i watched a program feauturing novak speaking with conservative students on wednesday. good thing he didn't pull any expletive tricks there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version