Author Topic: 23 Feb 2012: it's... 1992  (Read 11310 times)

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Feb 2012: it's... 1992
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »
dude, it's from somewhere on the internet!  Google image search..  (Although I think I have my stub at home....)

That's a pretty obscure show to be so easily available on the Internet. I mean, Rochester, c'mon? Is there a database of ticket stub images?
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2012, 08:04:43 AM »
dude, it's from somewhere on the internet!  Google image search..  (Although I think I have my stub at home....)

That's a pretty obscure show to be so easily available on the Internet. I mean, Rochester, c'mon? Is there a database of ticket stub images?

While Rochester may have seen better days and isn't on anyone's must-see list, it was big enough for the Police to bring their Synchronicity tour there for some reason.  I think the populace all came into the town square near the Genessee brewery and sacrificed goats and Kodak Disc cameras hoping to entice the unsuspecting rock stars to the little burg. ... and it worked!   The yokels are still talking about  as they scarf down chicken wings..  :)  (actually, that's pretty true, I mean *I* brought it up, didn't I?)  It was a big deal.

It was also a fairly big show, held in what you would call a mid-sized stadium.   Hollader Stadium has since been torn down (it was built in 1949 and it was crumbing). The stadium held 20,000 for football games, and for the concert probably 10-15k more people filled the field (think Kezar).  So with all those attendees, it's not that surprising that a ticket stub was easily findable on the Google.   

btw, here's a site that offers scads of ticket stub images, although it seems you have to pay for access??? 
http://www.lookatstubs.com
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:06:42 AM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2012, 12:14:13 PM »

While Rochester may have seen better days and isn't on anyone's must-see list, it was big enough for the Police to bring their Synchronicity tour there for some reason.  I think the populace all came into the town square near the Genessee brewery and sacrificed goats and Kodak Disc cameras hoping to entice the unsuspecting rock stars to the little burg. ... and it worked!   The yokels are still talking about  as they scarf down chicken wings..  :)  (actually, that's pretty true, I mean *I* brought it up, didn't I?)  It was a big deal.

It was also a fairly big show, held in what you would call a mid-sized stadium.   Hollader Stadium has since been torn down (it was built in 1949 and it was crumbing). The stadium held 20,000 for football games, and for the concert probably 10-15k more people filled the field (think Kezar).  So with all those attendees, it's not that surprising that a ticket stub was easily findable on the Google.   

btw, here's a site that offers scads of ticket stub images, although it seems you have to pay for access??? 
http://www.lookatstubs.com

Thanks for the detailed response! Sounds like an awesome show. I probably should have inserted an emoticon somewhere in my post. Didn't mean to snark on the 'Chester. I had a college friend from there. She pronounced umbrella "UMbrell-ahh" instead of "umBRELLa."
Slipping into something
And out of something else

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 01:04:42 PM »
Thanks for the detailed response! Sounds like an awesome show. I probably should have inserted an emoticon somewhere in my post. Didn't mean to snark on the 'Chester. I had a college friend from there. She pronounced umbrella "UMbrell-ahh" instead of "umBRELLa."

I bet she bought a lot of IN-surance.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round