Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life

<< < (2/172) > >>

princessofcairo:
thoughts:

i used to have an ancient shmomosexual who had an ancient refridge.

sorry to hear about your loss, gaz. i watched "the shipping news" twice yesterday, and should have more supportive words to say, but can't think of any at the moment. time, time...

does it mean i'm terribly gay if i immediately started singing the title of this new thread?

ggould:

--- Quote from: "princessofcairo" ---i watched "the shipping news" twice yesterday
--- End quote ---

I watched that movie because of my Due South fixation.  Gordon Pinsent, who plays the mountie's dead father, is the crusty old newspaper guy who tries to help the Spacey character. He was the only actor who actually is from Newfoundland, and taught everyone else how to talk Newfie.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "ggould" ---
--- Quote from: "princessofcairo" ---i watched "the shipping news" twice yesterday
--- End quote ---

I watched that movie because of my Due South fixation.  Gordon Pinsent, who plays the mountie's dead father, is the crusty old newspaper guy who tries to help the Spacey character. He was the only actor who actually is from Newfoundland, and taught everyone else how to talk Newfie.
--- End quote ---

The only thing that could've made that movie worse is if they had gone with the original casting choice -- John Travolta instead of Spacey (!?!).

urth:

--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---Mark, you're the only other Clubber who knew him as far as I know, but I'm posting to all.

I just got a phone call I did not expect to get.  My best friend, Kenneth Brandon Potter, died last night at the age of 35 from heart failure.

I have never lost anyone this close to me, this important to me, before.

May he rest with the peace that he wished for all of us.

I love you, Brando.
--- End quote ---

Joe, I am SO sorry to hear of your friend's passing. I wish there were something I could say or do to help in this situation, but all I can think is to be grateful you had him in your life for as long as you did, and to always carry his memory with you. Which may sound cliche, but that's the best I can offer at this point.
peace to you and to his family,
Jim

Alicat:
Sorry for your loss. Words never offer enough consolation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version