Main Discussion Area > Capital Gold, other Internet Radio

Sirius/XM Radio

(1/3) > >>

Alicat:
Subscribed in my car. Totally enjoying. Deep Tracks usually very good.  This morning on drive to work heard Wild Thing by Zevon (fairly awful but I listened), then studio version of GD St. Stephen and into Cat  doing Matthew & Son.
Days ago got a 20min plus version of Outlaws Green Grass.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: Alicat on September 09, 2011, 12:07:23 PM ---Subscribed in my car. Totally enjoying. Deep Tracks usually very good.  This morning on drive to work heard Wild Thing by Zevon (fairly awful but I listened), then studio version of GD St. Stephen and into Cat  doing Matthew & Son.
Days ago got a 20min plus version of Outlaws Green Grass.

--- End quote ---

I was tempted some years back -- a former boss from my ABC days is a big technical muckety-muck (VP) at XM and I could've gotten a "friends & family" deal -- but I'm just not in the car that often. They actually sent me a receiver but the "boombox" attachment that would've allowed me to listen in the house was "no longer in stock."  But people who have it are always saying how much they like it.

ggould:
Well, I got Sirius in my new Ford a year ago, and have continued my subscription mainly due to having the Grateful Dead channel.  When I'm all alone on my short commute, I don't have to worry about anyone else's opinion, it just seems to improve my mood.  I also listen in the morning to Stephanie Miller.

I have recently started listening to Deep Tracks too.  Sometimes it's pretty great.

We have The Joint (Reggae Music) for cruising around.  Is anyone else currently listening to Sirius/XM?

ggould:
Makes me think of Mike.  they're playing Injun Joe by the Good Rats on sirius XM deep tracks

RGMike:

--- Quote from: ggould on August 05, 2014, 12:02:08 PM ---Makes me think of Mike.  they're playing Injun Joe by the Good Rats on sirius XM deep tracks

--- End quote ---

that's impressive.  I've said this before but I wasn't all that thrilled  with them in my rental car 2 years ago -- the "decades" channels and the Soul channel I listened to were quite predictable. Only the specialty channels (Little Steven's, and E Street Radio, to name 2) were really interesting to me. YMMV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version