Main Discussion Area > Mondegreens, My 3 Songs, Other Trivia

Songs that begin with a question...

(1/12) > >>

sundaygal:
Big Rick posted this fun game on his FB page:

Hey Everybody! It is thought that collectively Fogheads know everything. So if you listen to Kfog Fm or not let's play a game! Name songs that start with a question as the first line of the lyrics but do not have a question as the song title. Example of a wrong answer. "Do You Know The Way To San Jose?" both song title and first lyric are a question, no go.

He went first with Bohemian Rhapsody.  I selected Blue Monday "How does it feel?" and (I'm Always Touched By Your) Presence Dear "Was it destiny? I don't know yet."

Tinka Cat:

--- Quote from: sundaygal on December 25, 2010, 04:39:56 PM ---Big Rick posted this fun game on his FB page:

Hey Everybody! It is thought that collectively Fogheads know everything. So if you listen to Kfog Fm or not let's play a game! Name songs that start with a question as the first line of the lyrics but do not have a question as the song title. Example of a wrong answer. "Do You Know The Way To San Jose?" both song title and first lyric are a question, no go.

He went first with Bohemian Rhapsody.  I selected Blue Monday "How does it feel?" and (I'm Always Touched By Your) Presence Dear "Was it destiny? I don't know yet."

--- End quote ---

The Who - from Quadrophenia

The Real Me:  "Can you see the real me? Can ya? Can ya?"

5:15: "Why should I care?"

... And yet another: Cut My Hair starts with something like "Why should I care if I have to cut my hair?"

Tinka Cat:
a few more occurred to me

The Candy Man: " Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew?"

Blowin' In The Wind: "How many roads most a man walk down before you call him a man?"

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: "You know Dasher and Dancer... etc.., but do you recall the most famous reindeer of all?"

Cat People (Putting Out Fire): "See these eyes so green?"   (ok, that might intended to be a statement or command, like "See, these eyes so green.")

RGMike:
Don't forget the Moodies' "Question": Why do we never get an answer...?

sundaygal:
Or The Stranglers "Always The Sun".
How many times have you woken up and prayed for the rain?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version