Author Topic: LNG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 10/18/10  (Read 2337 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
LNG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 10/18/10
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:26:36 AM »
yet another Beach Music station: 1340 "The Boardwalk" in Charleston, SC. A bit more interesting/less repetitious than the Carolina Beach stream on Live 365.  Just heard a beach music rendition of "Oh Happy Day" -- ! -- lawd, jeezus made me do the Shag!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: LNG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 10/18/10
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »
This 1340 the Boardwalk station really plays a wide range of stuff for what is (apparently) an automated AM station without an air staff.  Just heard the Philly-fabulous "In a Moment" by the Intrigues. I wish they had announcers or a "just played" generator, 'cause they play a lot of NTM stuff that I'm digging.

http://www.1340theboardwalk.net/

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:42:20 PM »
Holy crap -- a Cajun-y cover of "Squeeze Box"! Why didn't I think of that?   Rockin Dopsie? Rockin Sidney? No idea who it is, but kudos.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 08:09:34 AM »
This 1340 the Boardwalk station really plays a wide range of stuff for what is (apparently) an automated AM station without an air staff.  Just heard the Philly-fabulous "In a Moment" by the Intrigues. I wish they had announcers or a "just played" generator, 'cause they play a lot of NTM stuff that I'm digging.

http://www.1340theboardwalk.net/

Thanks for the suggestion!  I need a shift in my weekend chore-music listening.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”