Author Topic: Tues June 7 -- it's 1977  (Read 15219 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Mama Mia!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2005, 10:58:30 AM »
Quote from: "Beej"
I'm not sure seeing the group enhances my enjoyment of the music! I really love their music, but they look so hokey!

Oh. See... that's what I like about 'em. Let's face it- one can only "bang their head" so much before their neck hurts. Abba provides variety.

However, I've never seen that musical based on their songs. For me it's gotta be the Original Swedes or forget it. Unfortunately, I've never seen them live, either.

We saw the musical, and it was a joy, but the Sunday matinee audience I  was with had sticks up their butts and didn't stay dancing for the finale!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: seeing them
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2005, 11:00:20 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Quote from: "Beej"
Per Geoff's query:

Classic ABBA. You really can't go wrong with Swedish women in miniskirts...
I'm not sure seeing the group enhances my enjoyment of the music!  I really love their music, but they look so hokey!

Is that Bjorn or Benny on the left?  Ya gotta click on the larger picture to check out his whole outfit, from the pouffy sleeves to the crotch-hugging jumper to the massive platform shoes.

OMG!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Tues June 7 -- it's 1977
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2005, 11:00:47 AM »
We saw the musical, and it was a joy, but the Sunday matinee audience I was with had sticks up their butts and didn't stay dancing for the finale!

D'oh! But, that's the whole reason to go (that and liking Abba music)! It's like going to see Rocky Horror and not doing The Time Warp.
nakes? On my plane?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Mama Mia!
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2005, 11:02:36 AM »
the Sunday matinee audience I  was with had sticks up their butts and didn't stay dancing for the finale!

Well see, if I had a stick up my butt I'd probably find dancing for the finale kind of painful.

Then again I've never actually tried it, so...
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Mama Mia!
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2005, 11:03:33 AM »
We saw the musical, and it was a joy, but the Sunday matinee audience I  was with had sticks up their butts and didn't stay dancing for the finale!

that was your mistake -- Sunday Matinee is probably the least-gay audience of the week in SF.  (they're all still sleeping off Sat nite!)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Tues June 7 -- it's 1977
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2005, 11:03:40 AM »
Is that Bjorn or Benny on the left? Ya gotta click on the larger picture to check out his whole outfit, from the pouffy sleeves to the crotch-hugging jumper to the massive platform shoes.

Well, they wouldn't be much of a "supergroup" if they didn't dress like members of the Justice League!

And as an addendum to what I said earlier: You can't go wrong with Swedish women in miniskirts and white boots. Seriously.
nakes? On my plane?