Author Topic: Mon 5/30 Memorial Day: No Set (?)  (Read 3361 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Mon 5/30 Memorial Day: No Set (?)
« on: May 29, 2005, 10:39:09 PM »
per Rosalie, Monday's "Variety Show" means Acoustic Sunrise from 6 to 11, followed by World Class Rock of Ages. So if there's a 10@10 rerun, it'll have to wait until the PM version.

BTW, I'm sitting here listening to Little Steven and his Coolest Song in the World this week is a cover of "Do Anything You Wanna Do" by a female band from Albequerque called The Eyeliners -- a Joan Jett discovery!  He also (as part of a Memorial Day set) played the J.A.'s "Volunteers". Got to revolution, baby!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 07:20:29 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up.  Alas, I shall miss any rerun this evening.

I'm off to Pennsylvania for a week: three days with momma Alyce and brudda Jack in Pittsburgh, followed by four days in Meadville recovening with my fellow Allegheny alums.  If I am correct in guessing that I'll be the only single person there, there shall be much wailing and rending of garment.

So see y'alls next week.  Happy Memorial Day, may we be grateful for all those who went before us.

Gaz
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:28:05 AM »
in lieu of 10@10 I switched over to MAX, and got "Love is Like Oxygen" -- the short version.

Their rotation seems to be: a '70s, an '80s, a '70s, an '80s and a '90s/'00s and then back to the beginning of the loop.  And the '90s/'00s cuts are heavy on the Creed-y, Nickleback-y stuff. Yeesh. Eddie Vedder has a lot to answer for.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Eddie Vedder has a lot to answer for
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 11:10:37 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
in lieu of 10@10 I switched over to MAX, and got "Love is Like Oxygen" -- the short version.

Their rotation seems to be: a '70s, an '80s, a '70s, an '80s and a '90s/'00s and then back to the beginning of the loop.  And the '90s/'00s cuts are heavy on the Creed-y, Nickleback-y stuff. Yeesh. Eddie Vedder has a lot to answer for.

Excellent observation indeed!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 07:34:13 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
If I am correct in guessing that I'll be the only single person there, there shall be much wailing and rending of garment.

Joe, you're being too pessimistic. While I don't know the makeup of your class, I would guess that, unless the entire class numbered fewer than 30, there will be at least a couple of other singles there, thanks to the divorce rate if nothing else. (Whether they bat from the same side of the plate that you do is another matter, but don't rule that out either.)

Relax, enjoy yourself, and be prepared to be surprised a time or two. See ya (virtually speaking) in a week.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 10:44:12 PM »
I heartily agree with urth's advice...  altho' it always seems the folks you want to see most at reunions are never there because they're, like, living in London or something.

Got home around 10:15pm and this is the first time I can remember NO 10@10 in am OR pm.  But the '80s song in the set I just heard was the Waterboys' "Whole of the Moon" which you surely don't hear every day.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 10:14:46 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Got home around 10:15pm and this is the first time I can remember NO 10@10 in am OR pm.  But the '80s song in the set I just heard was the Waterboys' "Whole of the Moon" which you surely don't hear every day.

Wonder if that means we'll have a four-set marathon on Saturday, or they'll pull out a "classic" ringer to flesh it out? Hopefully the latter--it'll put a new spin on the marathon to hear a set that's a complete surprise.
Let's get right to it.

Gaz via Meadville, PA

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 07:37:00 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "Gazoo"
If I am correct in guessing that I'll be the only single person there, there shall be much wailing and rending of garment.

Joe, you're being too pessimistic. While I don't know the makeup of your class, I would guess that, unless the entire class numbered fewer than 30, there will be at least a couple of other singles there, thanks to the divorce rate if nothing else. (Whether they bat from the same side of the plate that you do is another matter, but don't rule that out either.)

Relax, enjoy yourself, and be prepared to be surprised a time or two. See ya (virtually speaking) in a week.

Well, I'm in my last night in PA.  Good times, mostly.  There were about 50 people from my graduating class there, and seriously, about 48 of them had spouses (including a guy named Dan who was just about the only other person out during our undergrad years; Mark, you may have met him at my first-ever part on Larkin St.).  I greatly enjoyed spending time with my Freak friends, but was disappointed that (a) none of my friends from football were there, and (b) none of the "oh my GOD I'm curious to what became of him/her" cases showed up.  But the weather came through, and I tied up a few loose knots.

But not all of them.

Hugs to you all, see you back on the board Tuesday,
Gaz.