Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

KFOG, But Not 10@10

<< < (2/754) > >>

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---
--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---At about 2:05 EST they played a retro song called "Dance Me to the End of Love."  The singer sounded like she took all her cues from Billie Holiday.  And I'm afraid I don't mean that as a compliment.  Anyone know who it was?
--- End quote ---

I thought you were joking at first -- we've discussed this song more than a few times, methinks, as poc gave us many details of her meet-up with Ms Peyroux recently. I can't believe that's the first time you've heard it.

BTW, Dean on CG was discussing the # single in the UK, "I'm Mr Lonely" by Akon, which was "inspired" by Bobby Vinton's "Mr Lonely from 40 years ago. Great snarky comments here:

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/view.php?id=3791
--- End quote ---

Well, I don't listen to KFOG except for 10@10, for the most part, and NYC don't have any stations of a similar bent to my knowledge.  So yeah, that's the first I've heard of Ms. Peyroux.  Sorry - not my bag.

And "Meester Lonely" is a strong candidate for the "top" slot in my annual Worst Song of the Year rundown.  Holy crap is that song annoying.  Yet top 40 radio here plays it hourly.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---
--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---
--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---At about 2:05 EST they played a retro song called "Dance Me to the End of Love."  The singer sounded like she took all her cues from Billie Holiday.  And I'm afraid I don't mean that as a compliment.  Anyone know who it was?
--- End quote ---

I thought you were joking at first -- we've discussed this song more than a few times, methinks, as poc gave us many details of her meet-up with Ms Peyroux recently. I can't believe that's the first time you've heard it.

BTW, Dean on CG was discussing the # single in the UK, "I'm Mr Lonely" by Akon, which was "inspired" by Bobby Vinton's "Mr Lonely from 40 years ago. Great snarky comments here:

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/view.php?id=3791
--- End quote ---

Well, I don't listen to KFOG except for 10@10, for the most part, and NYC don't have any stations of a similar bent to my knowledge.  So yeah, that's the first I've heard of Ms. Peyroux.  Sorry - not my bag.

And "Meester Lonely" is a strong candidate for the "top" slot in my annual Worst Song of the Year rundown.  Holy crap is that song annoying.  Yet top 40 radio here plays it hourly.
--- End quote ---

I always forget NYC doesn't have a triple-A station, except for The Peak which probably doesn't make it into Manhattan over the air without you hooking up a bigass antenna with coathangers dangling from all sides.  It's the format WNEW-FM should have segued into instead of going to FM talk, Opie & Anthony, and oblivion.

"Whoever produced it (the track zapping up any inclination to find out who the culprit may be) presumably set their Fisher Price My First Keyboard to 'twinkly', bashing whichever keys lit up." LOL!

BTW didja catch "Teammates" last nite? I missed it, as I was watching Mr Z pitch in person (and not very well).

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---BTW didja catch "Teammates" last nite? I missed it, as I was watching Mr Z pitch in person (and not very well).
--- End quote ---

Oh. My. God.

I *totally* meant to post about it here, and promptly forgot.  So Barry Zito was matched up with surfer-dude outfielder Eric Byrnes; they competed against two players from the Arizona Cardinals (Larry Fitzgerald and some lineman) and two world-record-holding female swimmers.  The latter didn't know squat about each other and didn't have much imagination.  So they were duds.  But the Cards had a pretty good connection for each other's foibles.  And Barry and Eric -- they were frighteningly compatible.  *SPOILER*  When asked what feature is his most out-of-sync with his body, Eric said of Barry: "His hips.  He has these womanly, child-bearing hips."  Barry replied with the same thing.  Funny vibe!  They did the same on a few more questions -- Barry draping his arm around Eric's shoulder cinema-flirt-style for the second round -- and then Barry & Eric were tied with the Cards going into the final speed round.

*STILL A SPOILER*  Barry and Eric ended up winning.  After such was declared, they emerged from their respective podiums and hugged in front of the camera -- and as they emerged from their hug, Barry cinched his pinkie finger under Eric's shirt, lifting the shirt up to mid-ribcage level, before releasing and the two of them rejoined the other contestants and the host.  It was the most astonishingly homoerotic moment I've ever seen in live sports.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---BTW didja catch "Teammates" last nite? I missed it, as I was watching Mr Z pitch in person (and not very well).
--- End quote ---

Oh. My. God.

I *totally* meant to post about it here, and promptly forgot.  So Barry Zito was matched up with surfer-dude outfielder Eric Byrnes; they competed against two players from the Arizona Cardinals (Larry Fitzgerald and some lineman) and two world-record-holding female swimmers.  The latter didn't know squat about each other and didn't have much imagination.  So they were duds.  But the Cards had a pretty good connection for each other's foibles.  And Barry and Eric -- they were frighteningly compatible.  *SPOILER*  When asked what feature is his most out-of-sync with his body, Eric said of Barry: "His hips.  He has these womanly, child-bearing hips."  Barry replied with the same thing.  Funny vibe!  They did the same on a few more questions -- Barry draping his arm around Eric's shoulder cinema-flirt-style for the second round -- and then Barry & Eric were tied with the Cards going into the final speed round.

*STILL A SPOILER*  Barry and Eric ended up winning.  After such was declared, they emerged from their respective podiums and hugged in front of the camera -- and as they emerged from their hug, Barry cinched his pinkie finger under Eric's shirt, lifting the shirt up to mid-ribcage level, before releasing and the two of them rejoined the other contestants and the host.  It was the most astonishingly homoerotic moment I've ever seen in live sports.
--- End quote ---

Wow.

ESPN being ESPN, I'm sure they'll rerun it a gazillion times -- Must. See. Teammates!

RGMike:

--- End quote ---

Oh. My. God....
--- End quote ---

BTW I'm amazed I could find NO mention of the show on Outsports.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version