Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096296 times)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2775 on: June 13, 2012, 07:08:59 AM »
Per FP's Facebook post, a major announcement will be made at 7:30. Only Gory and Melanie on the air.

Damn, I knew I should have played hooky today!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: June 13, 2012, 07:35:54 AM »
Per FP's Facebook post, a major announcement will be made at 7:30. Only Gory and Melanie on the air.

What the What??
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: June 13, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »

What the What??

Holee crap: Tim Jeffries is the new morning host!!!  Fogheads rule!!

He promises "intelligent" radio in the morning.  Tony's gone but Melanie appears to still be there. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:49:17 AM by RGMike »

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: June 13, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »

What the What??

My faith in humanity has been restored.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: June 13, 2012, 08:06:50 AM »

What the What??

My faith in humanity has been restored.

First comment on Rich Lieberman's blog post: Anonymous says "I'm so glad they didn't bring back Irish Greg" -- honestly, dude, THAT'S your takeway? I will never understand the hate for IG.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:31:26 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: June 13, 2012, 08:31:55 AM »
I still think "Ding Dong the Twitch is Dead" is a funny line.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: June 13, 2012, 08:43:41 AM »
I'm still gobsmacked over this... yeah, everybody thought the new show was awful, but I was afraid the effect would be to bring the rest of the station down with it. Yes, the music they play outside 10@10/Connected/Sunday Specialty Shows could be improved upon, but this is a major step.

The true surprise out of all of this is how quickly Dennis & Co. seemed to realize they had royally fucked up.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:05 AM »
I still think "Ding Dong the Twitch is Dead" is a funny line.

It's funny but cruel.

I am amazed at all of this.  I have a theory that he may have quit.  Yesterday, towards the end of the show (only time I listened) he said something like "We will *try* to bring you competent radio" or some such.  He sounded pretty dispirited, and may have just thrown in the towel.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 13, 2012, 09:29:50 AM »
I'm still gobsmacked over this... yeah, everybody thought the new show was awful, but I was afraid the effect would be to bring the rest of the station down with it. Yes, the music they play outside 10@10/Connected/Sunday Specialty Shows could be improved upon, but this is a major step.

The true surprise out of all of this is how quickly Dennis & Co. seemed to realize they had royally fucked up.

It's still not clear to me if the Twitch/Greg/Melanie clusterfuck was truly DC's idea alone (as he has claimed) or whether he had Twitch forced upon him by Mr Dickey.  Clearly they have been hemorrhaging listeners these past 2 weeks. So whether Dickey came in yesterday and said "pull the plug" or DC told Dickey "your boy is ruining my station image" we may not ever know (tho' I'm sure Rich Lieberman is trying to find out).

I'm hearing alot of new "imaging" sounders this morning, tho' maybe it's just 'cause I haven't listened much this month.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 13, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »
And here's Concrete Blonde's "Joey" -- I've barely been listening to KFOG the past week and this is the 4th or 5th time I've heard it since last Monday.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: June 13, 2012, 10:02:25 AM »
Tim Jeffreys: "thank you for not hating me" --LOL!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 13, 2012, 10:31:13 AM »
Geoff, KFOG's new basic player is here:
http://player.streamtheworld.com/liveplayer.php?CALLSIGN=KFOGFMAAC

Or this can be pasted into the address bar on a player like Winamp:
http://7269.live.streamtheworld.com/KFOGFM.mp3

Not sure if this last one works on WMP or not.
Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 13, 2012, 11:26:07 AM »
Wow, that was fast!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 13, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »
Just a random thought, but you don't suppose that the Tony-Melanie-Greg thing was a sort of a "new Coke" ploy by DC/Cumulus to draw attention to the Morning Show, and their real intent was to bring Tim Jeffreys in all along? Had KFOG done any major promotions to hype Twitch and crew (billboards, TV ads, other media buys)? The way things have turned out, the Fogheads will welcome Tim (or whoever they chose to anoint) with open arms simply because he's not nearly the neanderthal that Tony is.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 13, 2012, 12:33:07 PM »
Just a random thought, but you don't suppose that the Tony-Melanie-Greg thing was a sort of a "new Coke" ploy by DC/Cumulus to draw attention to the Morning Show, and their real intent was to bring Tim Jeffreys in all along? Had KFOG done any major promotions to hype Twitch and crew (billboards, TV ads, other media buys)? The way things have turned out, the Fogheads will welcome Tim (or whoever they chose to anoint) with open arms simply because he's not nearly the neanderthal that Tony is.

The Conspiracy Theorist in me thinks that's a plausible scenario.  And the fact that Twitch was allowed to be in 2 places at once (seriously, how long would that have been sustainable?) does give one pause.  And as I've noted elsewhere, He now gets to go back to KY and dine out on this story for years, as they say. He can tell all his redneck listeners that us SF liberals are just as mean and intolerant as Fox News says we are, and the KY audience will eat it up with a spoon. Other than the 2 weeks of awfulness we got (and the casualties of Webster and IG), everybody wins!

ETA: I posted this little theory as a comment on Rich Lieberman's thread about today's KFOG happenings.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:46:44 PM by RGMike »