Author Topic: 17 Dec 2008: it's 1969!!  (Read 19488 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 17 Dec 2008: it's 1969!!
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2008, 11:02:53 AM »
yay Moratorium Day -- I remember it well.
I remember the concert, CSN, Youngbloods, and the opening music over the PA was Gladys Knight and the Pips "Friendship Train" which I coincidentally just bought on iTunes a couple of weeks ago.
I was near the side stage when CSN walked by; they looked so short, and they were wearing their puffy fur coats!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2008, 11:04:47 AM »
Webster, eh?  Well, could be worse.  He's a reasonable guy; I heard him on Alice before he came to KFrOG, or should I say, KmsPIGgie?
He has the interim job, no word yet on whether he'll be Singletary (some chance of keeping the job) or Tom "Fred Flintstone" Cable (no chance of keeping the job).
my worst fears realized!
C'mon people now...
well, I guess I'll give him a chance then, just 'cuz!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
Hmmmm... looks like once again the Bonus track has been obscured by (many many) commercials on the new player. WTF?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2008, 11:22:32 AM »
Hmmmm... looks like once again the Bonus track has been obscured by (many many) commercials on the new player. WTF?

I'm glad you said that, cuz I've been sitting here working away, not paying much attention to what I'm hearing, and just realized we should have been hearing a bonus track, and wondering if I spaced it. WTF indeed--did someone forget to flip the switch for the bonus? I am confuzzled.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »

I'm glad you said that, cuz I've been sitting here working away, not paying much attention to what I'm hearing, and just realized we should have been hearing a bonus track, and wondering if I spaced it. WTF indeed--did someone forget to flip the switch for the bonus? I am confuzzled.

she asked the quiz question, "who sang the radio jingle?" (answer: sarah vaughn) and went to commercials. there were a LOT of them, and when we came back we heard Snow Patrol, Petty, REM, Beatles...  I'm emailing the tech types ( sfweb@cumulus.com ) to alert them.

ETA: dammit, the Bonus was King Crimson, "Court of the Crimson King"!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 11:44:41 AM by RGMike »

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »

she asked the quiz question, "who sang the radio jingle?" (answer: sarah vaughn) and went to commercials. there were a LOT of them, and when we came back we heard Snow Patrol, Petty, REM, Beatles...  I'm emailing the tech types ( sfweb@cumulus.com ) to alert them.

Yep that's pretty much what I heard too. And I'm equally PO'd at having missed CotCK.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »

Yep that's pretty much what I heard too. And I'm equally PO'd at having missed CotCK.

My experience was the same as Urth's - listening, thought I heard Annalisa, then next thing I know it's a big long set of world class rock, where was the bonus?  And super pissed to miss CotCK (feat. Greg Lake on lead vox). Dammit!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2008, 08:14:23 PM »
surprised to not hear Diana Ross!

12/17/08 – Wednesday!  A great year…1969!!!

1.  Sly – Stand
2.  Crazy Elephant – Gimme Gimme Good Lovin’
3.  Iron Butterfly – Soul Experience
4.  Who – Overture for Tommy (BEST OF SET!)
5.  Bob Seger – Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man
6.  Neil Young – Cinnamon Girl
7.  Moody Blues – Never Comes the Day
8.  Santana – Soul Sacrifice (BEST OF SET!!)
9.  Tyrone Davis – Can I Change My Mind
10. The Youngbloods – Get Together

BONUS TRACK:  King Crimson – In the Court of the Crimson King

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2008, 10:10:31 PM »

My experience was the same as Urth's - listening, thought I heard Annalisa, then next thing I know it's a big long set of world class rock, where was the bonus?  And super pissed to miss CotCK (feat. Greg Lake on lead vox). Dammit!

Tomorrow once the set is done I'm going to switch to that URL that Tinka told us about in yesterday's set's thread:

dudes, you may want to use the streams offered here:
http://radiotime.com/station/s_32698/KFOG_1045.aspx

We'll see how that works. Mike, did you get any response from the KFOG techies re: your e-mail?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2008, 08:30:07 AM »

Mike, did you get any response from the KFOG techies re: your e-mail?

No so far.  Guessing they're deluged and/or shortstaffed for the holidays.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2008, 08:51:25 AM »
Tomorrow once the set is done I'm going to switch to that URL that Tinka told us about in yesterday's set's thread:

We'll see how that works. Mike, did you get any response from the KFOG techies re: your e-mail?

weird...  I've had good luck w the KFOG streams from radiotime.com (they never dropped out), but I noticed they changed from 44kbps to 32kbps the same day KFOG launched the redesign. I suspect the radiotime stream is now the same stream as KFOG's -- and maybe they've always been mirrors of the actual KFOG stream. I would keep that site bookmarked just in case, but now I'm not so sure if there's any difference in the two.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »

weird...  I've had good luck w the KFOG streams from radiotime.com (they never dropped out), but I noticed they changed from 44kbps to 32kbps the same day KFOG launched the redesign. I suspect the radiotime stream is now the same stream as KFOG's -- and maybe they've always been mirrors of the actual KFOG stream. I would keep that site bookmarked just in case, but now I'm not so sure if there's any difference in the two.

I just tried opening the radiotime player twice, and it crashed my browser both times.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2008, 09:19:49 AM »

I just tried opening the radiotime player twice, and it crashed my browser both times.

The Radiotime KFOG player window just said this "This stream is 70% reliable" so I don't know what to think now.  You're on your own, kids.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:38:58 AM by Tinka_Cat »
~CPL593H~

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »

The Radiotime KFOG player window just said this "This stream is 70% reliable" so I don't know what to think now.  You're on your own, kids.

Hrmm, words of comfort. I'll hang with the KFOG player for now. Crossing fingers.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2008, 09:09:06 AM »
Great set. Tommy.
Enjoying the replay now. Waiting for Neil.
Sharks bleed teal.