Author Topic: 28 Nov 2008: 10@10s All Day Long?  (Read 2929 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
28 Nov 2008: 10@10s All Day Long?
« on: November 28, 2008, 09:39:37 AM »
Seems so -- tuned in at 9:15 to hear "Freedom Rider", which doesn't appear in regular rotation too often and I went "Hmmmm..." and next thing I know, it's a Strictly Instrumental set from ages ago (Dave mentioned the Yahoo 10@10 Club!).

Wish they'd promoted this thing in advance, I'd've tuned in sooner.

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 28 Nov 2008: 10@10s All Day Long?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 12:08:45 PM »
Seems so -- tuned in at 9:15 to hear "Freedom Rider", which doesn't appear in regular rotation too often and I went "Hmmmm..." and next thing I know, it's a Strictly Instrumental set from ages ago (Dave mentioned the Yahoo 10@10 Club!).

really dug the instrumental set!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:39:28 PM »

So, did it go on all day?  I left the house at 10:15 (in the middle of a 1975 set); I got home at 7:45 and they were doing regular programming. Maybe it was just a "Friday Morning Marathon"?

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 08:58:10 PM »

So, did it go on all day?  I left the house at 10:15 (in the middle of a 1975 set); I got home at 7:45 and they were doing regular programming. Maybe it was just a "Friday Morning Marathon"?
don't know.  Just as I was bringing the car in to the garage a few minutes ago, I heard the end of "Jessica" and thought it was a replay of the earlier instrumental set, but it was just a random event.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:14:57 AM »
I only had KFOG on briefly in the car around 11:15 and heard the tail end of the 1984 set from Monday and then the usual sign off that they do at the end of the Saturday Marathon.  It took me a while to remember that it was only Friday.  But then they resumed normal programming.  On Saturday I heard Big Rick in the chair.

Based on the other posts here I think they did the replay with a couple classics to fill it out.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 10:19:29 AM »
I only had KFOG on briefly in the car around 11:15 and heard the tail end of the 1984 set from Monday and then the usual sign off that they do at the end of the Saturday Marathon.  It took me a while to remember that it was only Friday.  But then they resumed normal programming.  On Saturday I heard Big Rick in the chair.

Based on the other posts here I think they did the replay with a couple classics to fill it out.

indeed, the instrumentals was the substitute for the Turkeys rerun on Thursday (wonder if that was a mistake or if we were supposed to get instrumentals on Thurs?) and '75 was the Friday "Classic" (it ran again Friday nite). 

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »

So was there a Marathon on Saturday morning, or did they move it to Friday this week? Sounds like there was a little confusion among the board ops as to what got played when.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »

So was there a Marathon on Saturday morning, or did they move it to Friday this week? Sounds like there was a little confusion among the board ops as to what got played when.

There were 2 identical marathons on Fri & Sat. Cheaper, I guess.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 12:43:14 PM »

There were 2 identical marathons on Fri & Sat. Cheaper, I guess.

Anything to fill time. Kinda cheesy from the listener perspective though, if you happened to be listening on both Friday and Saturday mornings.
Let's get right to it.