Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 11/24/08  (Read 5072 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 11/24/08
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 10:16:38 PM »
Lawd! JJ on KPOO kicks things off with a Gladys Knight LP cut I'd never heard before ("Don't Burn Your Bridges"?)  and follows it with The Dixie Hummingbirds' sublime version of "Loves Me Like a Rock"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 10:20:10 PM »
The Dixie Hummingbirds' sublime version of "Loves Me Like a Rock"

oh yeah, that was great!  and I'm digging Jackie Moore's "Precious, Precious."  very soulful voice.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 12:41:32 PM »

oh yeah, that was great!  and I'm digging Jackie Moore's "Precious, Precious."  very soulful voice.

Damn, TC, if I'd known you were listening, I'd've stayed logged on!  Dunno how late you stayed up, but that early Redbone tune he played, "Maggie", was one I had not heard since it was a minor hit in '71 (right before they had "Witch Queen of New Orleans"). JJ dredged up some major nuggets, including Rufus/Chaka covering "Jive Talkin'". Amazing as always.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 08:54:01 AM »

Damn, TC, if I'd known you were listening, I'd've stayed logged on!  Dunno how late you stayed up, but that early Redbone tune he played, "Maggie", was one I had not heard since it was a minor hit in '71 (right before they had "Witch Queen of New Orleans"). JJ dredged up some major nuggets, including Rufus/Chaka covering "Jive Talkin'". Amazing as always.

I listened until about 10:30.  I would seriously love to see JJ's playlists....
~CPL593H~