Author Topic: 7 Nov 2008 - 1969!!  (Read 14734 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 7 Nov 2008 - 1969!!
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2008, 10:19:21 AM »
What on earth are you guys talking about?   ???
Tonopah's current fame rests largely on the reference to it in the chorus of the song "Willin'" by Lowell George of Little Feat on the albums Little Feat,Sailin' Shoes and Waiting for Columbus:
And I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah.
I've driven every kind of rig that's ever been made;
driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed.
Thanks, Geoff.  (Yes, I was very serious - I listen to very little Little Feat, and have certainly never paid attention to any lyrics apart from the one about the bad cocaine.)
To the consternation of purists, I would credit Linda Ronstadt for bringing this song to a wider audience.

Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Nov 2008 - 1969!!
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »
What on earth are you guys talking about?   ???
Tonopah's current fame rests largely on the reference to it in the chorus of the song "Willin'" by Lowell George of Little Feat on the albums Little Feat,Sailin' Shoes and Waiting for Columbus:
And I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah.
I've driven every kind of rig that's ever been made;
driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed.

Thanks, Geoff.  (Yes, I was very serious - I listen to very little Little Feat, and have certainly never paid attention to any lyrics apart from the one about the bad cocaine.)

My brother Chris & I have always talked about hitting all the spots in this song.  He's already got a photo of himself 'standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.'
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010